Krishna to address Delhi Dialogue IIIMarch 3rd, 2011 - 12:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar.3 (ANI): The Delhi Dialogue III based on the theme ‘Beyond the First Twenty Years of India-ASEAN Engagement’ will begin in New Delhi today.
The Ministry of External Affairs will host the dialogue in partnership with the Indian Council of World Affairs and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
It will be supported by Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, Singapore, SAEA Group Research, Singapore and the Economic Research Institute of ASEAN and East Asia, (ERIA), Jakarta.
Political leaders, senior officials, diplomats, business leaders, academics and business leaders will participate in the two-day dialogue, which ends on March 4.
The event aims to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas to build a secure and prosperous region.
The dialogue will focus on the following key aspects: Looking towards 2012 and beyond, connectivity between India and ASEAN and Enhancing India-ASEAN Cooperation in Critical Areas of Non-traditional Security Issues.
The dialogue will further discuss India in the ADMM Plus and the East Asian Summit Process.
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna and ASEAN leaders, including the Secretary General ASEAN Surin Pitsuwan, as well as, the foreign ministers of Thailand, Indonesia and Brunei Darussalam wil address the inaugral session.
The Delhi Dialogues I and II were held in New Delhi in January 2009 and January 2010 respectively. (ANI)
- India calls for greater connectivity with ASEAN (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- India committed to deepening all-round engagement with ASEAN: Krishna - Mar 03, 2011
- India for greater connectivity in southeast Asia - Mar 03, 2011
- India to begin ASEAN engagement with Delhi Dialogue - Feb 12, 2012
- India, Asean must move beyond free trade in goods: Delhi Dialogue - Feb 14, 2012
- China says its defense development no threat to anyone - Oct 12, 2010
- Celebrating India-ASEAN ties on high seas - Sep 14, 2012
- India, Asean want to 'connect' in the physical, virtual world - Feb 13, 2012
- India steps up ASEAN diplomacy, Singapore PM on way - Jul 09, 2012
- Kalam calls for creating India-Asean knowledge platform - Feb 14, 2012
- ASEAN economic ministers agree to deepen integration efforts - Sep 01, 2012
- PM in Bali, wants stronger ties with ASEAN, Singapore - Nov 17, 2011
- India pitches for ASEAN pact in services, investments - Jul 11, 2012
- Krishna for cooperation among developing countries to deal with financial crisis - Jan 21, 2010
- Manmohan Singh promises visa on arrival for citizens of four ASEAN nations - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: asean cooperation, asean leaders, brunei darussalam, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, critical areas, dialogue iii, economic research institute, eria, external affairs minister, first twenty years, foreign ministers, group research, indian chambers of commerce, institute of southeast asian studies, ministry of external affairs, prosperous region, saea, southeast asian studies, traditional security