Krishna meets Khar, discusses terrorJuly 8th, 2012 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, July 8 (IANS) India’s External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna Sunday met his Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar here and pressed Islamabad to act on disclosures made by 26/11 handler Abu Jundal that links Pakistani state agencies with the Mumbai terror attack.
The meeting between Krishna and Khar took place on the sidelines of the international conference on Afghanistan in the Japanese capital.
Krishna raised the disclosures made by Abu Jundal, which corroborate claims of David Headly, another 26/11 plotter now in the US custody, about the involvement of Pakistani state actors in the 2008 attack.
The issue figured prominently in discussions between Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai and his Pakistani counterpart Jalil Abbas Jilani in New Delhi this month.
India had then asked Pakistan to act on the information on Jundal’s disclosures and underlined that bringing perpetrators of 26/11 carnage to justice would be the biggest confidence building measure between the two countries.
Pakistan has denied the involvement of state actors in the Mumbai attack and offered a joint probe into Jindal’s disclosures.
- India ups pressure on Pakistan over Jundal, Hafiz Saeed (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Krishna to visit Pakistan Sep 7-9, Jundal shadow over talks - Jul 24, 2012
- 26/11 ghosts cast shadow on India-Pakistan talks - Jul 02, 2012
- Krishna-Khar talks: Terror, 26/11 India's 'core concerns' (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Pakistan rejects involvement of state actors in 26/11 - Jul 05, 2012
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India pushes hard for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan hold talks, focus on Jindal disclosures (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- India to share Jindal evidence, Pakistan reverts to Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Pakistan presses India to share Abu Jindal evidence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Open to Pakistan visit but suitable outcomes needed: PM - Jul 06, 2012
- Krishna to meet Khar in Tokyo Sunday - Jul 07, 2012
- India ups pressure on Pakistan over Jindal, no dossier shared (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Pakistan told of Jindal confession: Mathai (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Krishna in Pakistan, will share concerns on terror - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: abbas, carnage, confidence building, counterpart, disclosures, external affairs minister, headly, japanese capital, jilani, jindal, krishna, mathai, New Delhi, pakistan, perpetrators, plotter, ranjan, sidelines, state actors, terror attack