Koirala continues with political parleysNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:51 am ICT by admin
Emerging from the meeting, Sherchan was quoted by nepalnews as saying that he found Koirala very serious in not letting the seven party unity collapse under any circumstance. e said that during the meeting they also advised him to become a little more lenient to Maoist demands for adopting a proportional representation based electoral system and turning the country a republic through parliamentary declaration before the Constituent Assembly election.
Although in response they were told that he still hasn’t been able to understand what the Maoists really want and also said that the Maoist demands for PR system was entirely unacceptable, but he was still of the opinion that he may take it into account to end the political deadlock.
During the meeting, Sherchan and Prakash had also asked the Prime Minister to seriously work towards building a consensus at the earliest possible.
Meanwhile, Prakash is expected to meet with UML general secretary Madhav Kumar Nepal and Maoist chairman Prachanda. (ANI)
- PM's Special Envoy meets Nepalese leaders to end political impasse - Aug 05, 2010
- Nepal Maoists hail PM's resignation - Jul 01, 2010
- Nepal PM urges Koirala to support govt's decision to sack Army Chief - Apr 28, 2009
- Nepal parties reach power sharing deal - May 03, 2012
- Nepal opposition plans anti-government protest - Jun 05, 2012
- Nepal PM won't resign unless army integration issue is settled - May 10, 2010
- India not interfering, Shyam Saran tells Nepal Maoists - Aug 05, 2010
- Maoists await Shyam Saran visit with mixed feelings - Aug 04, 2010
- Nepal top leaders to finalise joint resolution motion - Dec 14, 2009
- Conflict between parties delaying Nepal's cabinet expansion: Experts - Feb 14, 2011
- Maoist-led govt acceptable in Nepal if past pacts implemented: UML - Jul 02, 2010
- Voting for new Nepal PM today - Jul 21, 2010
- Koirala assures seven-party alliance would not break - Nov 14, 2007
- NC, UML stick to old stance: Nepal PM not stepping down - May 07, 2010
- Nepal PM steps down - Jun 30, 2010
Tags: assembly election, chairman, collapse, constituent assembly, demands, general secretary, kaji, lenient, maoist, nepal, nepalnews, parliamentary declaration, party unity, political deadlock, pr system, prachanda, prakash, proportional representation, shrestha, unity centre