Kochi to host Kerala Travel Mart in SeptemberFebruary 15th, 2008 - 9:43 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, Feb 15 (IANS) The fifth edition of the Kerala Travel Mart (KTM) will be held Sep 20-23 in Kochi, state Tourism Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan told reporters here, Friday. Over the years, KTM has become a synergy between the public and private sectors, promoting tourism in the sate.
Now, KTM has become the largest gathering in the state that has been designed to facilitate meetings between buyers, sellers, media people, government agencies and other relevant stakeholders.
KTM-2008, like the previous gatherings, would have seminars and cultural evenings.
“The registration for the buyers has started Jan 23 and by now 170 Indian and 65 international buyers have registered. We expect participants from more than 50 countries. Large groups from Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa and the US are expected,” Balakrishnan said.
The event is organised by the KTM society, which includes 316 members from all the sectors of the tourism industry in the state, with the support of the department of tourism.
- Kerala Travel Mart draws huge response - Aug 01, 2012
- Kerala to promote souvenirs in a big way - Sep 09, 2010
- Kerala travel event expects record attendance - Sep 11, 2010
- Kerala Travel Mart draws representatives from 50 nations - Sep 08, 2008
- Kerala Travel Mart begins tomorrow - Sep 22, 2010
- Sachin, Waugh, Deepika to be Kerala Tourism ambassadors? - May 07, 2012
- 28 countries, 400 buyers to participate in Goa travel mart - Oct 19, 2011
- Foundation stone for Kannur airport to be laid Dec 17 - Nov 20, 2010
- Kerala to focus more on its newer industries - Jun 14, 2011
- Goa to host international travel mart - Aug 16, 2010
- 11 Kerala ministers win, three lose - May 13, 2011
- Minister denies Kannur airport stake allotment - Dec 14, 2010
- India, Brazil, South Africa sign tourism cooperation pact - Sep 21, 2008
- Premier Asian food expo woos India's hospitality sector - Mar 16, 2010
- Big B to become Kerala tourism's brand ambassador - Mar 11, 2010
Tags: balakrishnan, department of tourism, evenings, france germany, gatherings, government agencies, ktm, large groups, public and private sectors, relevant stakeholders, sate, seminars, south africa, state tourism, synergy, thiruvananthapuram, tourism industry, tourism minister, travel mart, zealand singapore