Know Some Surprising Health Food Impostors To Avoid ThemJanuary 16th, 2011 - 8:47 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Jan 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) They say, health is wealth. If your health is not well, then anything you do, you will not be able to do it with full concentration and as a result, you can never give your 100% effort. People, who maintain a regular diet to keep their body fit and fine, often make a mistake of eating food that might look healthier from outside, owing to their label and packaging but they can be called as health food impostors. You should know the proper ingredients in a food to avoid eating wrong delicacies.
Baked potato chips can be called as a health food impostor even though the manufacturers claim that these have low fats. In reality, baked potato chips have low nutrients and high calories and potato fibers fill up your stomach. Fruit snacks might have good taste but these are nothing but vitamins mixed with candy. Even high quantity of fructose syrup in it might lead you to obesity at the end of the day. Instead of fruit snacks, you should switch to dried or fresh fruits to keep yourself healthy. Ice creams with low calories can also be called as a food impostors as these foods also contains minimum amount of calorie.
American Dietetic Association’s spokesperson, Katherine Tallmadge said that human body needs little fat to absorb vitamins and other nutrients and hence at times it is alright if you consume a bit of fat. However, you should keep in mind that that proper balance in the diet should be maintained so that you do not overeat anything. Other surprising health food impostors can be grilled chicken, roasted chicken, salad dressings (fat free), cookies (low fat), calorie free margarine, to name a few.
- Healthy Low Calorie Snacks for Weight Loss - Oct 16, 2010
- Diet patterns may keep brain from shrinking - Dec 29, 2011
- Navratri fasting: Feasting or detoxification? - Sep 30, 2011
- Feeling guilty about eating too much butter? Don't - it's good for you - Dec 28, 2010
- Watch your diet, you multi-tasking women! (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 06, 2012
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Travel easy with diabetes (Health Feature)(With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- Foods that will sabotage your diet - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Stop grazing, exercising and eat fatty foods' to lose those pounds! - Nov 08, 2010
- Know your diet personality type to cut your flab - Apr 18, 2011
- 'Diet in a box' delivered to your door-the latest slimming fad in UK - Dec 13, 2010
- Fat substitutes in snacks may trigger weight gain - Jun 23, 2011
- Dr Oz: Five Habits Which Make You Fat - Oct 05, 2011
- Lose weight post-pregnancy - but don't rush it - Jun 15, 2012
- Your popular snack could be making you ill: Study - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,