Knife-wielding man shot dead on Times SquareAugust 14th, 2012 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 14 (IANS) A man, carrying an 11-inch knife in New York city, had to be shot down just as he attacked the police and could not be calmed down by pepper spray.
Darius Kennedy, 51, was shot 12 times by two officers in New York’s Times Square, reported The Sun.
According to the policemen, Kennedy had taken them on a bizarre seven-block foot chase with bystanders sprinting behind, trying to film the unfolding drama on cellphones.
They said Kennedy, who was high on drugs and had been arrested 10 times earlier, lunged at them with the knife.
Policemen tried to calm him down and then attempted to stop him with six bursts of pepper spray. When all this failed, they gunned him down.
- Robert F.Kennedy's assassin to say he doesn't remember 1968 shooting - Mar 02, 2011
- Crazy fan trying to board Pammie's train arrested - Jan 03, 2011
- Just like humans, monkeys comfort each other post conflict - Aug 18, 2010
- Pedestrians ignore dying man on New York City sidewalk - Apr 26, 2010
- 'The Kennedys' miniseries shot down - Jan 08, 2011
- Sikhs have faced over 700 attacks since 9/11 - Aug 06, 2012
- California cops on leave after pepper-spraying sparks outrage - Nov 21, 2011
- Shopkeeper in Britain prevents robbery with stick - Apr 09, 2012
- Drunk Russian killed for attacking cops with axe - Jun 27, 2012
- Girl, 10, does a Usain Bolt to catch thieves - Jul 01, 2011
- Black Friday deal hunters in US turn violent - Nov 26, 2011
- Brazil riot police uses pepper spray on players - Mar 26, 2010
- Alleged Bus Thief Arrested For 27th Time - Sep 03, 2010
- "Breaking Bad" Season 3 On AMC - Mar 20, 2010
- Russia condemns US crackdown on Occupy movement - Dec 14, 2011