KLM fliers can pick seat-mates on FacebookDecember 16th, 2011 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 16 (IANS) KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, the flag carrier of the Netherlands, has launched a new programme that will allow passengers to pick their “seat-mates” on Facebook.
The airline will start the “meet and seat” service early next year that will link travellers’ Facebook and LinkedIn profiles to their check-in information, said Sky News.
The service will allow passengers to check out their fellow travellers and select them based on similar interests, or by how attractive they find them. This will help people “who are sick of being stuck next to crying babies or the passenger from hell”.
As soon as the scheme was announced, people turned to Twitter to speak on it.
‘Stumac01′ tweeted it was the perfect solution to “how to go ‘Mile High’ with the hottest girl on the flight”, adding “the power will be in your hands”.
But not everyone was convinced, with some describing it as “creepy”.
“I cannot think of anything worse than this. Matchmaking via your seat choice in-flight, more like mile-high stalking,” ‘laurastott1′ posted on Twitter.
‘cklenotic’ commented: “That could be a LONG flight if it doesn’t work out.”
- In Qatar, get your flight boarding pass on phone - Nov 30, 2011
- In South Africa, you can book flights on mobile phones - Sep 30, 2010
- Finnair bags the award for best customer satisfaction - Jun 25, 2011
- Indian carriers not charging seat assignment fees: Ravi - Aug 22, 2011
- Now, follow your Facebook friends automatically from Twitter - Jun 24, 2010
- Helsinki Airport's new check-in and baggage facilities increase luggage capabilities by 43 percent - May 10, 2010
- Jet to start service for business class from April 26 - Apr 22, 2010
- Systems crash strands thousands at Australia airports - Sep 26, 2010
- Airlines to begin check-in on Airport Metro from Friday (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Malaysia Airlines offers 80 percent discount on fares - May 14, 2011
- Air India starts new check-in procedure - Sep 28, 2011
- Airlines to begin check-in on Airport Metro from Friday - Jun 09, 2011
- Airline plans to show porn on flights - Nov 08, 2011
- Security lapse triggers chaos at Sydney airport - Apr 19, 2011
- Flights delayed at Delhi as T3 has blackout - Aug 07, 2011
Tags: airline, crying babies, facebook, fellow travellers, flag carrier, fliers, hell, hottest girl, klm, klm royal dutch, klm royal dutch airlines, london, matchmaking, mates, netherlands, perfect solution, profiles, royal dutch airlines, seat service, sky news