Kiwi man jailed for posting nude pic of ex-girlfriend on FacebookNovember 13th, 2010 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Nov 13 (ANI): A man in New Zealand has been jailed after he posted a photograph of his naked ex-girlfriend on social networking site Facebook.
Joshua Simon Ashby, 20, a painter, was sentenced to four months’ prison in Wellington District Court after he pleaded guilty to a charge of distributing indecent matter and six others of threatening to kill, wilful damage, theft of the woman’s clothes, and assault, the New Zealand Herald reported.
According to the Dominion Post newspaper, it is believed to be the first time someone has been sentenced for a crime committed using Internet social media, under the morality and decency section of the Crimes Act.
Judge Andrew Becroft said Ashby posted the photo in an “irresponsible drunken jealous rage” after the break-up of their five-month relationship.
On July 23 he messaged her: “I’m going to kill you” and “Dead bitch” and then posted a naked photograph of her to her Facebook page.
It was initially visible to 218 of her friends but Ashby then made it publicly available and changed her password.
Police and Facebook authorities shut down the woman’s account after 12 hours.
Defence lawyer Leah Davison said Ashby knew he needed to deal with problems around drugs and alcohol and behaving in a “very immature manner” when angry and upset. (ANI)
- Man jailed for posting ex-lover's nude photo on Facebook - Nov 13, 2010
- Kiwi father 'tried to rape daughter under the ruse of sex ed' - Oct 14, 2010
- Teacher found dead after nude pictures on Facebook - Feb 25, 2010
- Slain Indian-origin woman's missing husband returns - Jan 28, 2011
- Facebook users' details on sale in New Zealand - Apr 25, 2010
- Law student uploads woman's details on internet, held - May 12, 2012
- Facebook Games Burglar in Italy Under Police Scanner - Oct 27, 2010
- Two women given same dress by same man fight it out in Kiwi bar - Oct 28, 2010
- 15 and Pregnant, Leah La Roche Dies of Suspected Heart Attack - Jan 19, 2011
- Global fake sex pills racket busted in New Zealand - Jan 27, 2011
- Kiwi broadcasting board dismisses topless mudbath shots as inoffensive - Nov 29, 2010
- How criminals use Facebook to commit crime - Dec 20, 2010
- Chandigarh citizens haul up errant cops on Facebook - Jun 11, 2011
- Brit grandma convicted of bestiality for sex with rottweiler - Feb 16, 2011
- Six jailed for offending Oman sultan on Facebook - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: bitch, crimes act, decency, defence lawyer, dominion post newspaper, drugs and alcohol, ex girlfriend, facebook, four months, immature manner, jealous rage, joshua simon, kiwi, leah, morality, new zealand herald, photograph, social networking site, using internet, wellington district