Kiwi-Indian liquor store owner’s murderer had a sex violence plagued upbringingMarch 6th, 2010 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
Auckland, Mar. 6 (ANI): The murderer of Indian-origin south Auckland liquor store owner Navtej Singh was raised in a horrific home environment, as his parents were jailed for the sexual and physical abuse of their 13-year-old niece.
After the couple were jailed, Anitelea Chan Kee and his brothers went to live with their biological father.
Chan Kee, 22, was found guilty this week of murdering Singh, 30, during an aggravated robbery of his liquor store on June 7, 2008.
Chan Kee shot him in the abdomen and he died in hospital the following day.
He unsuccessfully argued that the shooting was accidental and he pulled the trigger under extreme stress.
He has been remanded in custody for sentencing on April 23.
According to the New Zealand Herald, Chan Kee’s adoptive father - Iosua Chankee - admitted to 10 sex-related charges, two of assault with a weapon and one of injuring with intent.
And his adoptive mother, Avemaoe Chankee, was found guilty at a High Court trial of four rape charges, injuring with intent, procuring an abortion and attempting to pervert the course of justice.
“During those years that this was all taking place, I never told anyone about it. I had no one to tell. I was ashamed about what was taking place and was terribly afraid of what would happen if I told anyone about it,” the victim told court during the 1998 trial.
When she was 15, she got pregnant to Iosua. His wife then assaulted her, causing an abortion. A week after she miscarried, the girl was raped again, and this time she was held down by Avemaoe, the report says.
The niece finally escaped as a 22- year-old only after the couple beat her with a table leg. That beating left her barely recognisable, the report adds. (ANI)
- Brother of Kiwi Indian Navtej Singh's murderer jailed for robbery - Aug 03, 2010
- Auckland jury retires from Indian-origin liquor store owner's trial - Mar 01, 2010
- New Zealand court finds youth guilty of killing Indian - Mar 04, 2010
- Auckland jury retires for third day from Indian-origin liquor store owner's trial - Mar 03, 2010
- Police delays killed my husband, says Kiwi-Indian liquor store owner's widow - Mar 06, 2010
- Sentencing of Kiwi-Indian liquor store owner's killer delayed - Apr 23, 2010
- Indian Kiwi Navtej Singh's killer sentenced to life-imprisonment - May 07, 2010
- 'Distraught' Kiwi Indian Navtej Singh's widow says living life of dead person - May 08, 2010
- Niece raped by uncle in Delhi - Apr 20, 2012
- Josef Fritzl's house to be torn down - Jan 23, 2011
- Man sexually abused kids for 27 years - Nov 01, 2010
- British soldier charged with raping minors - Nov 19, 2011
- Shiney Ahuja jailed for 7 years for raping maid (Lead) - Mar 30, 2011
- Indian man jailed for raping woman to prevent her from ever marrying - Mar 08, 2011
- Mayawati orders BSP legislator's arrest in minor's rape (Lead) - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: abdomen, adoptive father, adoptive mother, biological father, court trial, extreme stress, home environment, indian origin, kiwi, liquor store owner, murderer, new zealand herald, niece, pervert, physical abuse, rape charges, sex violence, south auckland, table leg, upbringing