Kitten emerges unscathed after spinning 30 minutes in washing machine!May 27th, 2010 - 4:58 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 27 (ANI): A kitten in the northern Sydney suburb of Manly has managed to survive 30 minutes in a spinning washing machine after she crawled into it while her owner’s back was turned.
According to the Manly Daily, the four-month-old Persian kitten, named Kimba, sneaked into the machine when its owner Lindsay Rogers’ back was turned.
Rogers loaded the dirty clothes, and without realising Kimba was inside, he closed the door and switched on the machine.
“I put the clothes in, put the powder and the fabric softener in, put it on a cold wash - which was very lucky - and put it on for a 30-minute cycle,” the Daily Telegraph quoted him as saying.
“When I opened the door, it just went ‘meow’ and stuck its head out.
“I couldn’t believe it - the spin cycle at the end goes really fast and I couldn’t believe it survived,” he added.
Rogers rushed Kimba to the local vet, where she was put on an intravenous drip, and after a couple of hours she was stable and “purring like a little motor”. (ANI)
- Junkie mum kills 10-day-old baby by spin-drying in washing machine - Nov 08, 2010
- Missing cat in UK returns home 7-yrs after disappearing - Jan 29, 2011
- 10-day-old girl dies in washing machine - Nov 08, 2010
- Kitten rescued after being flushed down toilet by callous owner - Dec 02, 2010
- Two-day-old kitten flushed down the toilet saved - Oct 19, 2010
- Now, 'super' wash that takes only 12 mins! - Mar 17, 2011
- A Kitten Extraordinarily Survives A Voyage From China To Canada In A Shipping Container - Jul 11, 2010
- Mum saves kids by pinning down attacking dog - Aug 24, 2011
- Cat Survives Ride In Car Engine - Dec 13, 2010
- Woman microwaves kitten to death - Nov 25, 2011
- Food poison scare for Tasmanian cricketers - Mar 07, 2012
- Horror as washing machine rips off toddler's arm - Oct 13, 2011
- Washing machines contaminate seas with plastic bits - Dec 22, 2011
- Washing machines polluting sea shores - Oct 21, 2011
- Shipped From China To Canada, Kitten Survives Ordeal! - Jul 11, 2010
Tags: 30 minutes, cold wash, daily telegraph, dirty clothes, fabric softener, intravenous drip, kimba, lindsay rogers, melbourne, northern sydney, persian kitten, realising, spin cycle, sydney suburb, vet, washing machine