King Tut’s “mummified manhood” stolen by tomb raidersNovember 14th, 2007 - 3:00 am ICT by admin
Dr. Ikram discovered these facts when she compared X-rays of King Tut taken in 1926 with those taken in 1968.
“Tutankhamun was mummified with a penis, so it was an object of note. It is tomb robbing with a nasty twist,” the Sun quoted her as saying.
It is believed that the boy-king’s tomb was poorly guarded during the war, and that locals took advantage to steal his crown jewels.
The experts also believe that the robbers might have ground the ancient Pharaoh’s mummified manhood into powder in a bid to make a fertility potion.
According to another theory, British soldiers fighting the Nazis in North Africa might have carried out the robbery.
Contrary to theories that King Tut was murdered, Dr. Ikram has also found that he died in a chariot accident.
The findings have been revealed in ‘Tutankhamun: Secrets of the Boy King’, a documentary which is scheduled to air on Britain’s Channel Five on 30 October. (ANI)
- Did King Tut die of disease that gave him breasts? - Sep 13, 2012
- Tomb of King Tut's wife may emerge in 2011 - Jan 04, 2011
- King Tut suffered 'massive chest injury that could have killed him' - Nov 07, 2010
- Stone inscription solves mystery of King Tuts father - Dec 18, 2008
- King Tut Sported Orthopedic Sandals - Apr 08, 2010
- Egyptian King Tut 'wore orthopaedic sandals to cope with clubbed foot' - Apr 08, 2010
- Did small size prompt the theft of King Tut's penis? - Jun 30, 2010
- Statue of King Tut's grandfather unearthed - Nov 07, 2010
- King Tut didn't die of malaria, say experts - Feb 17, 2010
- Results of DNA testing on King Tut's mummy to be revealed soon - Feb 01, 2010
- DNA analysis key for solving mystery of King Tut's origins - Aug 26, 2009
- Truths About Tutankhamun: Club Foot And Other Disorders - Feb 17, 2010
- Statue of Tutankhamun's grandfather found - Oct 04, 2010
- Tutankhamuns mummified fetuses to get paternity test - Aug 07, 2008
- Egypt to re-open its historical sites on Sunday - Feb 18, 2011
Tags: 30 october, british soldiers, chariot, crown jewels, fertility, ikram, king tut, locals, manhood, mummified, nazis, north africa, pharaoh, potion, robbery, she believes, tomb raiders, tutankhamun, x rays