King of Cambodia not attending Wills-Kat weddingApril 22nd, 2011 - 6:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 22 (ANI): Cambodia King Norodom Sihamoni has sensationally snubbed Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton by not replying to the couple’s wedding invitation.
He is the only royal out of dozens worldwide who has failed to respond, reports the Sun.
However, Sihamoni, 57, a shaven-headed former ballet dancer and instructor, is not the first Cambodian king to snub a British royal wedding.
In 1963, his dad Sihanouk refused to attend Princess Alexandra’s wedding after being told he would not get a guard of honour and could not stay at Windsor Castle.
Sihamoni, who took the throne in 2004, lived under house arrest with his dad in the 1970s while the Khmer Rouge regime murdered 1.5 million Cambodians. (ANI)
- India to set up chair for Buddhist studies in Cambodia - Jul 04, 2011
- Tunes composed by Cambodian King's dad, Bollywood songs welcome President Patil - Sep 15, 2010
- President Patil receives traditional welcome in Cambodia - Sep 14, 2010
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
- Hu to attend Nuclear Security and BRICS summits, visit Cambodia - Mar 19, 2012
- India to help Cambodia to build human resources - Sep 14, 2010
- President arrives in Cambodia - Sep 13, 2010
- Prince William avoids Royals for lunch with Kate Middleton's family - Apr 25, 2011
- Traditional welcome given to President Patil in Siem Reap - Sep 16, 2010
- Kate's parents meet Queen, Prince Philip - Apr 21, 2011
- Prez Patil meets Cambodian PM, India extends 15 million dollar credit - Sep 14, 2010
- President Patil arrives in Cambodia after ending successful visit to Lao - Sep 13, 2010
- UK Government trying to make money out of Royal Wedding - Feb 04, 2011
- Go shrine seeing, prison strolling in Cambodia - Sep 13, 2011
- Oil, gas, mineral, exploration potential with Cambodia huge: Patil - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: 5 million, ballet dancer, cambodians, dozens, fiancee kate, guard of honour, house arrest, kate middleton, khmer rouge, khmer rouge regime, king norodom sihamoni, king of cambodia, norodom sihamoni, prince william, princess alexandra, royal wedding, sihanouk, wedding invitation, wills, windsor castle