Kim’s death: US in touch with South KoreaDecember 19th, 2011 - 12:06 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Dec 19 (IANS) The US was in “close touch” with South Korea and Japan following the death of North Korea’s top leader Kim Jong-il, the White House said.
“We are closely monitoring reports that Kim Jong-il is dead,” Xinhua quoted White House spokesman Jay Carney as saying in a statement.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-il died Saturday during a train journey “from a great mental and physical strain”. He was 69, the country’s official KCNA news agency reported Monday.
–Indo-Asian Nes Service
- US in touch with South Korea, Japan over Kim's death (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Dead North Korean leader's son 'great successor': Media - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dead, youngest son takes over (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea's top leader Kim Jong-il is dead (Second Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- South Korea on high alert after Kim's death - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim Jong Un appointed North Korea's top military commander - Jan 01, 2012
- No change in Seoul's fundamentals over Kim's death: Moody's - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies on train (Lead, changing dateline) - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean succession is stable: South Korea, US - Dec 30, 2011
- Kim's death rocks South Korea's financial market - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea mourns Kim Jong-il - Dec 29, 2011
- Kim Jong-un gets married: North Korean TV - Jul 25, 2012
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un promoted to top military rank - Jul 18, 2012
- Kim Jong-il loved Rambo, Godzilla movies - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,