Kim Il-sung had army of agents in Europe for fast car, luxury carpet shopping spree: BookMarch 10th, 2010 - 5:46 pm ICT by ANI
Vienna, Mar. 10 (ANI): North Korean dictators Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il had placed special agents across Europe for shopping sprees which included buying, luxury carpets, gold-plated guns, small Cessna planes and high-priced foreign cars such as Mercedes-Benz and Lincolns, according to the memoir of former Army Col. Kim Jong-ryul.
Kim, who is hiding in Europe for 16 years, sometimes spent months at a time looking for all the goods, big and small, on the shopping list, the tell-all book, ‘In the Dictator’s Service’ written by two Austrian journalists reveals.
Kim revealed how Kim Il-sung known as The Great Leader ignored the suffering of his people, and placed special agents in Europe just to buy the fancy items he wanted, the Christian Science Monitor reports.
An engineer, Kim Jong-ryul said he was asked to design a special filtration system for the shelter in which Kim Il-sung and his family could hide in order to survive a nuclear attack.
According to him, Kim Il-sung “only ate foreign food” and had his chefs study in Vienna.
He also had a passion for high-priced foreign cars, ranging from Mercedes-Benz and Citroens to Cadillacs and Lincolns, made in the lairs of his worst enemy, the United States.
Colonel Kim fears that exposés about the personal lives of North Korea’s leaders has put his life at risk.
“Maybe I’ll be shot, killed in the next few days,” Kim, who lives at a secret address, told reporters in Vienna after the book came out.
At least, “now I can die with a clear conscience,” he said. But “without [publishing] this book, I didn’t want to die.”
Kim Il-sung died just as North Korea was entering a famine in which 2 million people are estimated to have died. (ANI)
- North Korea holds military parade - Apr 15, 2012
- Kim Jong-un gets married: North Korean TV - Jul 25, 2012
- North Korea threatens to re-examine n-issue - Jul 21, 2012
- 'Kim Jong-il's death was extensive intelligence failure' - Dec 20, 2011
- North Korea marks army's 80th anniversary - Apr 25, 2012
- Dead North Korean leader's son 'great successor': Media - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea confirms mystery woman is leader's wife - Jul 26, 2012
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dead, youngest son takes over (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim's death rocks South Korea's financial market - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea girl dies saving Kim portraits - Jun 28, 2012
- South Koreans send anti-regime leaflets to North in balloons - Dec 22, 2011
- Kim's death: US in touch with South Korea - Dec 19, 2011
- Has Kim Jong-un undergone plastic surgery to resemble grandpa? - Oct 05, 2010
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies of heart attack - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: cadillacs, cessna planes, christian science monitor, citroens, clear conscience, colonel kim, filtration system, foreign cars, gold plated guns, kim il sung, kim jong il, lairs, lincolns, luxury carpet, mercedes benz, nuclear attack, secret address, shopping spree, shopping sprees, spree book