Kidnapper holding girl shot deadAugust 12th, 2012 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 12 (IANS) A man in China’s Guangdong province was shot dead after he kidnapped a 10-year-old girl, China Daily reported Sunday.
The incident occurred Saturday evening in the provincial capital city of Guangzhou where police opened fire when they found the hostage’s life was threatened by the suspect, said a police official.
The abductor had robbed a kitchen knife from a store before holding up the girl. The man demanded a car from police along with a driver to escape with the hostage.
- Chinese who took girl hostage shot dead - Aug 11, 2012
- Chinese hostage-taker shot dead - Jul 20, 2012
- Thunderstorm grounds over 100 flights in China - Apr 28, 2012
- Gambling racket busted in China, 800 held - Mar 31, 2012
- When police mistook teachers for cheats in China - Nov 22, 2011
- China busts noodle mafia - Apr 27, 2012
- Chinese youth rapes, robs, kills 91-year-old - Feb 10, 2012
- China taxi driver killed in police raid - Jan 11, 2012
- Chinese police hunt for suspect in armed robbery - Jan 06, 2012
- Grief in China as girl who was run over dies - Oct 21, 2011
- One held for China bomb hoax - Sep 02, 2012
- Three Hindu traders abducted in Pakistan - Jul 14, 2012
- Man kills one for ogling his car romp - Dec 23, 2011
- Chinese official held for sodomising minors - Aug 07, 2012
- Police gun down criminal - Jan 05, 2011