Kidnap victim freed after scrawling note on toilet paperOctober 11th, 2011 - 12:17 pm ICT by IANS
Sao Paulo, Oct 11 (IANS/EFE) A woman kidnapped from her Sao Paulo home 10 days ago was rescued after scrawling a note on toilet paper and tossing it out a window, Brazilian police said Monday.
“I am kidnapped,” the 30-year-old captive wrote.
“For the love of God, call the police. I am in a house. Make an anonymous report. Save me, please. I am a woman with children. I’m very afraid. I don’t know where I am.”
The woman had been snatched from her own doorway by four men who demanded a ransom of 5 million reais ($2.7 million) for her safe return, according to police.
Taking advantage of a moment last Saturday when none of her captors was watching, the woman managed to write the cry for help and slip it out of window.
Someone picked up the note and alerted police, who mounted a rescue and arrested one of the captors, Eduardo Luis da Silva, who was carrying a handgun. Investigators suspect as many as five other people may have been involved in the kidnapping.
The freed woman was said to be in good health.
- Armed Brazilian demands bank returns her $25 - Aug 03, 2012
- Brazilian cannibals made home movie of crimes - Apr 17, 2012
- Homeless couple return $10,000 found on Brazil street - Jul 10, 2012
- Man holds up Brazil vice president with toy gun - Jul 10, 2011
- Brazil's ex-president discharged from hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- Brazilian mayor gunned down at party - Aug 07, 2011
- Brazil to launch bullet train soon - Jul 15, 2010
- Spanish doctor kidnapped in Nigeria set free - Apr 22, 2012
- Brazilian cadet dies in ejection from plane - Jun 06, 2012
- Five cities hold 25 percent of Brazil's national wealth - Dec 15, 2011
- Brazilian gang stealing hair from beauty salons - Dec 28, 2011
- Ricky Martin expresses his admiration for Miss Universe - Aug 30, 2011
- Brazil importing Spanish defence technology - Aug 24, 2012
- Paraguayan president cleared of cancer - Jan 28, 2012
- Brazil privatises three airports - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: 5 million, anonymous report, brazilian police, doorway, efe, four men, god, good health, handgun, investigators, last saturday, love, luis da silva, oct 11, ransom, safe return, sao paulo, toilet paper