Kid dies after hiding in tumble dryerJuly 27th, 2010 - 1:25 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 27 (IANS) A four-year-old child in Britain who loved playing hide and seek died after he hid inside a tumble dryer.
Sonny Gibson was locked inside the machine for up to an hour Monday while his family searched for him in the nearby area.
His mother - Anne Shepherd - had gone shopping and returned to find him missing. A neighbour said the child was being looked after by his older siblings, the Daily Mirror reported Tuesday.
“I’ve been told he was playing hide and seek while they were in the front room. He climbed into the dryer and shut the door. God knows what it must have been like for the poor mite,” the neighbour said.
Police spotted his lifeless body inside the dryer at his home in Ashbourne, Derbyshire, 198 km from London. Emergency crew tried desperately to save him but Sonny was
pronounced dead at the scene.
It was, however, not known whether the tumble dryer had been going through its cycle with the child inside or he suffocated.
Neighbours said the child loved playing hide and seek and was “always trying to give his older brothers and sister a surprise”.
“It’s a terrible way for anyone to go. But he was so young and such a real lovely lad that it seems to make it even more awful. He had just finished at nursery. This is the first day of the summer holidays. What a terrible way to start,” a neighbour said.
- Brit boy, 4, found dead in tumble dryer - Jul 27, 2010
- Boy dies after hiding in tumble dryer - Apr 13, 2011
- Child dies in spin dryer - Oct 10, 2011
- Stray cat gives birth in a tumble dryer - Jun 20, 2012
- Man hid aunt's corpse to collect her pension - Jun 16, 2012
- House fire in England kills four young children - Jan 25, 2011
- Free toys of dust mites by easy methods - Oct 18, 2011
- Toxic gases kill four in Rajasthan well - Jun 17, 2012
- Corrupt Chinese man hid in hills for eight years - Nov 15, 2011
- Chinese hides father's corpse to collect pension - Jul 24, 2012
- Robbie Williams wants babies in 2012 - Oct 04, 2011
- Infant buried on tantrik's advice, survives - Apr 14, 2012
- Wary of fourth girl child, man poisons wife, daughters - Apr 13, 2012
- Kolkata hospital blaze kills 90, India mourns - Dec 10, 2011
- Lost Mumbai boy might celebrate Eid with family - Sep 09, 2010