Khalifa Foundation distributes food in AfricaJuly 17th, 2012 - 1:13 am ICT by IANS
Dakar, July 16 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates’ Khalifa bin Zayed Foundation has distributed over 2,000 food parcels to needy families in the African nations of Cape Verde, Gambia, Guinea and Sierra Leone on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan.
The Foundation distributed 398 food packages in Cape Verde, 1,000 in Gambia, 460 in Sierra Leone and 475 in Guinea.
According to the UAE Embassy in Dakar, capital of Senegal, which supervised distribution of the food assistance, the food aid programme is the first for the UAE charity foundation in these countries.
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE group to launch Iftar Project in 50 countries - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE charity delivers food aid to Yemen - Jul 08, 2012
- UAE charity distributes food in Palestine - Aug 06, 2011
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- UAE helping crisis-hit Yemen - Jul 01, 2012
- UAE charity hands out food aid in Palestine - Aug 13, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE charity to distribute food aid in Yemen - Jun 23, 2012
- UAE charity group launches iftar project in Pakistan - Jul 23, 2012
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- UAE president honours national Olympic football team - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: african nations, cape verde, capital of senegal, charity foundation, dakar, food aid, food assistance, food packages, food parcels, gambia, guinea, khalifa bin zayed, month of ramadan, needy families, ramadan, sierra leone, uae embassy, united arab emirates, vd, zayed foundation