KFC’s new offering - ‘healthier’ griddled chickenJune 3rd, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 3 (ANI): Fast food chain KFC is adding a new item to their menu to attract a new range of customers - griddled chicken.
Rather than deep-frying, the chicken is cooked on a hot plate in a special oven.
What’s more, it is cooked in a ‘chimichurri’ garlic-and-herb marinade, instead of KFC’s Finger Lickin’ Good ’secret recipe’ sauce.
The griddled bap packs 354 calories and 9g of fat, while a regular chicken burger contains 442 calories and 15g fat.
The ciabatta, wrap and salad range is to go on trial in 17 stores in Tyne-Tees from Monday.
“We’re trying to achieve a lighter option,” the Sun quoted KFC UK boss Martin Shuker as saying. (ANI)
- KFC ditches 50-yr-old 'finger lickin' good' punch line for healthier slogan - Feb 21, 2011
- Barbecue sauces are good for health: Study - Mar 26, 2010
- China chaat, pomfret roast rock Chittaranjan Park's food platter - Oct 04, 2011
- Ready-to-eat meat contains few cancerous compounds - Mar 23, 2011
- Dr Oz Convinces Paula Dean to Stop Smoking, Cook Healthier - Oct 12, 2011
- KFC's 'Double Down' burger to be sold in New Zealand - May 10, 2011
- Purana Villa offers kebabs, curries with a twist (IANS Food Review, With images) - Mar 20, 2010
- How Caesar salad, Battenberg cake, Vindaloo got their names - Sep 01, 2010
- Over the moon with some authentic Chinese cuisine (Eating out with IANS) (With image) - Nov 03, 2009
- New ready-made meals help you shed '10 lb in 4 weeks' - Jan 23, 2011
- Applebees Celebrates Veterans Day With Free Refreshments - Nov 12, 2010
- Bowling for Colombia: Earth food and meat on platter (Eating Out With IANS) - Apr 29, 2010
- Gordon Ramsay's cookbook named worst of 2010 for unhealthy recipes - Dec 21, 2010
- Rachael Ray Stars NKOTB's Donnie Wahlberg - Sep 23, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Shaun White, CoJo, and Pilgrim Sandwiches - Oct 10, 2011