Kerala coir products for Japanese marketSeptember 14th, 2012 - 5:00 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Sep 14 (IANS) Japan could be a new market for Kerala’s eco-friendly coir products.
A six-member delegation of Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) discussed with Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here Friday the possibilities of business collaboration with the state’s coir industry.
“We are exploring possibilities of collaboration with Japanese manufacturers, particularly for coir spinning and weaving technology. Japan is also a potential market for our eco-friendly coir products from our state,” Minister for Coir Adoor Prakash told reporters at the Emerging Kerala-2012 investor meet.
JETRO Director General Shinya Fujii assured assistance for technological upgradation.
The coir sector is one of the traditional industries in the state which needs a good makeover as far as technological advancement in all spheres is concerned.
The coir industry is targeting exports worth Rs.1,000 crore and domestic revenue of nearly Rs.2,000 crore this year.
“Yes, we had a good round of talks and further talks on export opportunities for our products will now be held with the Japan Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry,” said Prakash.
- Kerala coir products gain market share in Africa, Latin America - Feb 03, 2012
- Kerala's coir festival gets African participation - Jan 28, 2012
- Japan keen to partner in infra and other sectors in Kerala - Sep 13, 2012
- Coir Festival rakes in Rs.100-crore business - Feb 06, 2012
- Kerala wants defence ministry to buy coir geotextiles - Dec 13, 2011
- Japan keen on industrial corridor, freight train in south India - Feb 14, 2012
- Kerala woos prospective investors from Karnataka - Jul 20, 2012
- Japanese delegation to sign MoU with Tamil Nadu this year - Sep 28, 2010
- South India now prime hub for auto components, say experts - Feb 08, 2011
- Chandy assures transparency in all projects - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,