Kensington Street tops most expensive homes list in LondonFebruary 28th, 2011 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 28 (ANI): Victoria Road in London’s Kensington district has been rated as the most expensive for property in England and Wales by website Mouseprice.com.
The average property on the street, where poets TS Eliot and Robert Browning once lived in the neighbourhood, had an estimated value of 6.4 million pounds.
The poll found that London dominates the expensive property league, the BBC reports.
Victoria Road has climbed from 10th place in the ranking a year ago to the top of the list. The street runs down from Kensington Gardens, with major attractions such as the Royal Albert Hall and the National History Museum in the neighbourhood.
It has taken over the top spot from Chester Square, which headed the list for two years, the report said.
The square, in London’s Belgravia, which is home to former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, has dropped to the third position behind Ingram Avenue in Hampstead, north London.
Wales was bottom of the list with an average value of 648,410 pounds in the 10 most expensive streets list.
The survey was based on Land Registry sale price statistics and updated with valuation data gathered from surveyors, the report added. (ANI)
- Cheapest British house sells for 10,000 pounds only - Jun 30, 2011
- Mittal residences are on UK's most expensive street - Sep 05, 2008
- Severn Road in Hong Kong is world's most expensive address! - Mar 14, 2011
- Migrant squatters double in London - Jun 10, 2012
- China's new millionaires buying up Britain - Jan 17, 2011
- Princess Diana's palace opens to public - Mar 26, 2012
- Disagreement over plans to build 3,700 homes in T.S. Eliot's village - Mar 11, 2011
- Princess Dis old street is Britains most expensive - Jul 24, 2008
- Margaret Thatcher's handbag sells for 25,000 pounds - Jun 28, 2011
- Mittal takes a pounding, but still tops Rich List - Apr 26, 2009
- Queen Elizabeth keeps finances secret - May 06, 2012
- Streep donates film fee for charity - Nov 20, 2011
- Man U rated most valuable football club in world by Forbes - Apr 22, 2010
- Tony Blair's 'took 76 gifts when he left Downing Street' - Oct 17, 2010
- London apartment sells for $221 million - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: belgravia, bottom of the list, chester square, former prime minister, kensington district, kensington gardens, land registry, london feb, london london, margaret thatcher, mouseprice, national history museum, north london, price statistics, robert browning, royal albert hall, third position, ts eliot, valuation data, victoria road