Kennedy clan ”disappointed” over Caroline not becoming New York SenatorJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 5:57 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jan.23 (ANI): Members of the Kennedy family have expressed their disappointment over Caroline Kennedy opting out of the race for the next New York senator Robert Kennedy Jr. said Thursday that his family is disappointed that his cousin Caroline will not be filling Secretary of State Hillary Clintons vacant New York Senate seat.
There was strong support within the family, from Teddy, from all the Robert Kennedys. My sister Kerry was working very hard for Caroline, as was I. So I think everybody is disappointed, Kennedy said on MSNBCs Morning Joe.
I think she would have made a great senator, Politico quoted Kennedy, as saying further.
Caroline Kennedy announced Wednesday night that she informed Gov. Paterson today that for personal reasons I am withdrawing my name from consideration for the United States Senate.
Robert Kennedy Jr. said his cousin was very affected by the apparent seizure her uncle, Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.), suffered during the inauguration, but didnt list the incident as the reason she decided to stop pursuing the seat.
Kennedy said his cousin was plagued by the tough press treatment, but pointed out that she was walking right onto Broadway without having, you know, done a debut in a smaller venue. (ANI)
- Caroline Kennedy interested in Hillary Clinton''s Senate seat - Dec 06, 2008
- 20-1 odds against Caroline Kennedy getting Hillary Clintons NY Senate seat - Dec 08, 2008
- Swift admires the Kennedy family - Sep 02, 2012
- Family will have to convince Caroline Kennedy to bid for Senate seat - Dec 08, 2008
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Divorces Wife Of 16 Years - Jul 17, 2010
- Ted Kennedy's FBI File Released: JFK, Marilyn, and Teddy Sex Parties? - Jun 15, 2010
- Taylor Swift dating Conor Kennedy? - Aug 01, 2012
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-II) - Aug 26, 2009
- Statements by New York Governor and Lieutenant Governor on the passing of Senator Ted Kennedy - Aug 27, 2009
- Tabloid blanked Ted Kennedy's sexcapades for gossip on Jackie Onassis - Oct 11, 2010
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- Katie recreates heartbreaking moments as Jackie Kennedy - Aug 18, 2010
- World leaders pay tribute to Ted Kennedy - Aug 26, 2009
- Caroline Kennedy opts out of New York Senate race - Jan 22, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-I) - Aug 26, 2009
Tags: broadway, caroline kennedy, cousin, disappointment, hillary, inauguration, kennedy clan, kennedy family, morning joe, new york senate, personal reasons, robert kennedy jr, secretary of state, seizure, senate seat, senator robert kennedy, ted kennedy, united states senate, wednesday night, york senator