Kazakhstan to start defence training for allAugust 9th, 2012 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Astana, Aug 9 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Kazakhstan will introduce universal military training for all adult citizens, according to a government decree published Thursday.
“The goal of universal military training of citizens is to attract the population to civil defence activities, prepare for necessary contingencies, and build up the armed forces in the period of martial law,” the document said.
Training will be compulsory for males aged 16 to 60 years, and women between 18 and 45 years who are childless or whose children are older than 10 years.
The programme will consist of 25 hours training, with the content depending on participants’ place of work, study, and place of residence.
The training will include first aid, tactical training (basics of fighting organisation and combat), firearms training, engineering training, military topography, and general military force regulations.
Kazakh citizens are already required to serve a mandatory two-year conscription period from the age of 18 in the armed forces, which include a ground force, air defence force, and navy, according to the CIA.
During the Soviet period, citizens were also required to undertake civil defence and military training at school.
- Russia has one million armed forces personnel - Jul 02, 2011
- Man suffering from cancer conscripted into Russian army - May 03, 2012
- Geologists name new mineral after Kazakh president - Dec 01, 2011
- Russian military has no one left to recruit - Nov 18, 2011
- Medvedev sacks Russian Air Force commander - Apr 27, 2012
- Eight-year-old Ukrainian gets conscription notice - Apr 22, 2010
- Russian man buys wooden crates, finds AK-47s inside - Jan 13, 2012
- Britain eyes Afghanistan transit routes - Mar 02, 2012
- Kazakhstan launches national superhero contest - May 17, 2012
- Terrorist infiltration attempt foiled in Syria - Apr 28, 2012
- Russian senators propose legalising handguns - Jul 25, 2012
- Kazakh cops jailed for attacking protesters - May 29, 2012
- Two convicted in Russia for making pen guns - Feb 08, 2012
- Russia lifts embargo on arms supplies to Libya - May 08, 2012
- Russia, Kazakhstan extend Friendship Treaty for 10 years - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: 45 years, adult citizens, air defence, astana, civil defence activities, conscription, contingencies, defence force, dg, engineering training, firearms training, government decree, ground force, kazakh, martial law, military force, military topography, military training, ria novosti, soviet period