Katherine Schwarzenegger Pens Book On Body Image And Self EsteemSeptember 14th, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Los Angeles, Sep 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Katherine Schwarzenegger, 20-year-old daughter of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, has penned down a book titled “Rock What You’ve Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty” that is scheduled to hit the book racks this week. A junior at the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, Katherine Schwarzenegger has said to media sources that she has written the book with an aim to help girls gain confidence in their bodies and themselves. The book is being published by Hyperion.
Katherine Schwarzenegger, who is also the daughter of former NBC News Correspondent and author Maria Shriver, said that the idea to write a book addressing such a subject came to her mind when she heard her preteen cousins talk about being thin and “sexy”. She has maintained that although her celebrity parents were very protective and did not want her get exposed to public eye, they failed to protect her from the body-crisis that she first felt when in fourth grade. Katherine Schwarzenegger mentioned that despite her parents’ constant assurance that she looked good, she felt fat and ugly.
The young lady who stands tall at 5-foot-8 with size six, says that she wants all girls to know that they are not alone “with the changes and doubts about their body”. Katherine Schwarzenegger who had to struggle with the problem herself for more than three years, has opined in the book that it is very important to have a healthy relationship with one’s parents during such a difficult phase. She has discussed the kind of relationship she has and had with her parents.
- Katherine Schwarzenegger Writes Her First Book - Sep 15, 2010
- Katherine Schwarzenegger writes her first book - 'Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty' - Sep 15, 2010
- Schwarzenegger's daughter to release self-help book - Sep 11, 2010
- Schwarzenegger pays for child support to Shriver - Jun 22, 2011
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Maria Shriver split after 25 years - May 10, 2011
- Arny's daughter pens first book - Oct 15, 2010
- Shriver to move near Schwarzenegger - Jul 09, 2011
- Arnie's daughter to release self-help book - Sep 11, 2010
- Is Mildred Patricia Baena Arnold Schwarzenegger's mistress? - May 18, 2011
- Schwarzenegger to meet former mistress, son - Jul 12, 2011
- 40pct of women unhappy with their bodies: Study - Nov 02, 2010
- Maria Shriver hires divorce lawyer - May 20, 2011
- Schwarzenegger begs wife for second chance - May 28, 2011
- Maria Shriver spends Memorial Day with her children - May 31, 2011
- Maria Shriver says that she felt confused after her split with Arnold - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: annenberg school for communication, arnold schwarzenegger, body image, book racks, california governor arnold, california governor arnold schwarzenegger, celebrity parents, dey, fourth grade, gain confidence, governor arnold schwarzenegger, katherine schwarzenegger, madhuri, maria shriver, media sources, nbc news, outer beauty, public eye, usc annenberg school, young lady