Kate’s ex-designer ‘upset’ over double snubMay 1st, 2011 - 12:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 1 (ANI): Kate’s former favourite designer Daniella Issa Helayel reportedly took off to her native Brazil, upset at an apparent double snub - after Kate chose another designer and for not receiving an invitation to the big day.
A source close to the designer is adamant she was not on the guest list, even though Palace aides insisted Daniella was invited, reports the Daily Mail.
“Daniella was very upset, she couldn’t understand why she didn’t receive an invitation,” the source said.
“She would have loved to have gone - she’s always been very loyal and protective of Kate and she would never breach her confidence.
“Daniella and Kate haven’t had a fallout to warrant the snub so it was most bizarre,” the source added.
Daniella designed the blue dress Kate wore for the announcement of her engagement.
But she discovered at the 11th hour that Alexander McQueen’s creative director Sarah Burton was to design both Kate’s wedding gown and her evening party dress.
The friend said Daniella was also mystified by this snub. (ANI)
- The truth about royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton's engagement dress - Nov 30, 2010
- Was Kate's wedding gown inspired by Grace Kelly's nuptial dress? - Apr 30, 2011
- Vogue editor 'urged Kate Middleton to pick McQueen dress for wedding' - Mar 08, 2011
- Kate Middleton dethrones Lady Gaga as top fashion buzzword - Feb 09, 2011
- Designing Kate's wedding dress was an honour: Sarah Burton - Apr 30, 2011
- Jessica Chastain's Oscar dress turns heads - Feb 27, 2012
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- Pippa Middleton: Playing the perfect maid of honour - Apr 29, 2011
- McQueen's successor to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress? - Mar 07, 2011
- Jessica Pitti poses in Alexander McQueen inspired gummy bear dress - Jul 09, 2012
- US First Lady wears Alexander McQueen to state dinner - Jan 20, 2011
- Sarah Burton's army of 100 guarded Kate's fairytale dress secret - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- Chinese brides-to-be eye Kate's wedding gown - May 04, 2011
- Sunday Times reveals Kate Middleton's wedding dress designer - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: 11th hour, aides, alexander, alexander mcqueen, blue dress, confidence, creative director, daily mail, evening party, fallout, invitation, london, may 1, native brazil, party dress, sarah burton, snub, wedding gown