Kate Middleton’s parents ‘thrilled’ by her engagement to Prince WilliamNovember 17th, 2010 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 17 (ANI): Kate Middleton’s parents are extremely happy now that their daughter is engaged to her long-time boyfriend Prince William.
The bride-to-be’s father Michael read a statement on behalf of the couple outside their home near the village of Bucklebury, Berkshire.
“I would just like to say that Carole and I are absolutely delighted by today’s announcement and thrilled at the prospect of a wedding some time next year,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
“As you know Catherine and Prince William have been going out together for quite a number of years which has been great for us because we have got to know William very well.
“We all think he is wonderful and we are extremely fond of him.
“They make a lovely couple, they are great fun to be with, and we’ve had a lot of laughs together.
“We wish them every happiness for the future,” he added. (ANI)
- Kate Middleton Flashes Her Engagement Ring, Parents Congratulate Them - Nov 17, 2010
- Prince William avoids Royals for lunch with Kate Middleton's family - Apr 25, 2011
- Kate Middleton's family selling hen-night items - Mar 21, 2011
- Kate Middleton's mum 'clashes with designer over wedding outfit' - Apr 18, 2011
- Kate's village Bucklebury celebrates wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Middletons leave London for hometown Bucklebury - May 01, 2011
- White House congratulates British royal couple - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton's pre-wedding diet revealed - bags of sweets! - Mar 14, 2011
- It's official! Prince William will marry Kate Middleton in 2011 - Nov 16, 2010
- Becks 'honoured' to be a part of Will-Kat royal wedding - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton's family 'awarded their own coat of arms' - Apr 20, 2011
- Stores trading off on 'brand Kate Middleton' could be sued - Jan 10, 2011
- Kate Middleton to throw 'normal' reception bash - Dec 07, 2010
- Kate Middleton Turns 29 - Jan 09, 2011
- Housing colony named after Kate Middleton - Nov 27, 2011