Kate Middleton to spend 2 yrs learning her role to adjust to royal lifeApril 25th, 2011 - 11:52 am ICT by ANI
London, April 25 (ANI): With just four days to go for the royal wedding, it has emerged that Prince William wants his fiancee Kate Middleton to spend two years learning her role to adjust to the royal life and to keep her from the pressures his mother faced.
Just as the couple’s wedding is based on the template of the then Princess Elizabeth’s 1947 austerity marriage to Prince Philip, William wants to follow the example of his grandparents’ early married life, reports the Daily Express.
They spent two years living quietly as a Royal Navy couple in Malta, one of the happiest periods of the Queen’s life.
But Princess Diana and the Duchess of York were thrust into the spotlight without real training and their marriages suffered.
William and Middleton plan to spend most of their time together hidden away as a service couple, living in a rented farmhouse near his RAF base on the Isle of Anglesey, undertaking few official duties. (ANI)
- Duchess of Cambridge takes up life as wife of an RAF pilot - May 04, 2011
- William, Kate to stay out of public life for two years - Jan 24, 2011
- Westminster Abbey 'likely to be Prince William's wedding venue' - Nov 18, 2010
- Elton not performing at Prince Williams' wedding - Jan 25, 2011
- Will-Kat postponed honeymoon 'weeks ago' following location speculation - May 02, 2011
- Saturday August 13 is bookies favourite for Prince William's big day - Nov 17, 2010
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- No royal residence for Prince William, Kate Middleton after wedding - Nov 17, 2010
- British PM to gift book to royal couple - Apr 28, 2011
- Kate Middleton gets 'counseling' to avoid Princess Diana's fate - Nov 23, 2010
- Church issues prayer for Prince William, Kate Middleton's marriage - Apr 08, 2011
- Kate Middleton's parents will become 'royal in-laws' post wedding - Nov 25, 2010
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Diana's funeral hymn to be first sung at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- India Hicks' urges Middleton to 'enjoy marriage intimately' - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: anglesey, austerity, daily express, duchess of york, farmhouse, fiancee kate, grandparents, kate middleton, malta, periods, philip william, prince philip, prince william, princess diana, princess elizabeth, raf base, royal navy, royal wedding, spotlight, undertaking