Kate Middleton quits family job to focus on life as a royal housewifeJanuary 25th, 2011 - 12:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 25 (ANI): With just three months left for the royal wedding, Kate Middleton has left her job at her family’s online party supplies firm to concentrate on her new role as a royal housewife.
A royal aide has confirmed that the 29-year-old future princess quit her post as Party Pieces’ project manager to ‘concentrate full-time on preparing to become a member of the royal family’, reports the Daily Mail.
According to sources, Middleton stepped down on Friday and handed over her responsibilities at the company to colleagues.
She is now dividing her time between her parents’ home and Prince William’s cottage on the island of Anglesey, North Wales, near the Royal Air Force base where the prince works as a search and rescue pilot.
As the person in charge of marketing ‘Party Pieces’, Middleton was responsible for projects such as putting together the Christmas catalogue, arranging photo shoots and attending trade fairs.
It’s unclear whether she will return to work after the wedding, fuelling speculation that she and Prince William plan to start a family straight away.
It is expected that at some point she will switch to an official role as a charity patron, though none have yet been picked.
Meanwhile, as preparations for the wedding continued, Middleton is trying to keep the design of her wedding dress - and its creator - a secret until the big day.
However, it was thought the princess-to-be would opt for an elegant, slimline dress. (ANI)
- William, Kate to stay out of public life for two years - Jan 24, 2011
- Royal-bride-to-be 'will leave job but won't be a working princess right away' - Nov 19, 2010
- Brit actress Camilla Luddington to play Kate Middleton on-screen - Feb 06, 2011
- Kate Middleton's uncle sobers up in hope of invitation to wedding - Jan 02, 2011
- Kate Middleton to spend 2 yrs learning her role to adjust to royal life - Apr 25, 2011
- Prince Charles' official online shop sells Wills, Kate jigsaw puzzle - Mar 21, 2011
- Now, a comic book on royal wedding - Apr 06, 2011
- Queen Latifah's advice to Princess-to-be Kate Middleton - Dec 31, 2010
- Kate Middleton's transparent dress up for sale - Feb 16, 2011
- Women make style statements with hats at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William's in-laws offer 'adult' outfits online - Jan 23, 2012
- Prince William & Kate Middleton make their first public appearance after engagement - Dec 20, 2010
- Diana's friend Sarah not invited to Wills-Kate wedding - Feb 19, 2011
- Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton quits job as a photog - Oct 31, 2010
- British royals may sue if designers make 'Kate Middleton' dresses - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: anglesey, anglesey north wales, christmas catalogue, daily mail, housewife, kate middleton, london jan, party pieces, patron, photo shoots, prince william, rescue pilot, royal family, royal wedding, search and rescue, slimline, speculation, three months, trade fairs, wedding dress