Kate Middleton engagement outfit flying off shelves in USFebruary 10th, 2011 - 7:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 10 (ANI): Ever wished to own the white dress Kate Middleton wore for her engagement with Prince William? You could, as the outfit is currently available in US markets.
British retailer Reiss, which made the ‘Nannette’ dress, has decided to re-release the 159 pounds dress this week but only in the U.S, reports the Daily Mail.
The dress sold out last year in the UK after the bride-to-be caused hysteria when the official engagement portraits by Mario Testino were released.
It made a brief re-appearance last month in the UK, only to be out of stock again almost immediately.
Lyndon Mackenzie, general manager of the company’s Soho store in New York City, said the dress is flying off the racks and will probably be sold out by week’s end.
Prince William’s fiancee has proved a hit with style watchers and the public alike.
The royal-blue dress she wore when her engagement was announced to the media also sold out within days.
Middleton’s style is so closely watched that she has even dethroned eccentric-dresser Lady Gaga as the top fashion buzzword for the upcoming fashion season.
The Nannette dress has 3/4 sleeves, an asymmetric draped neckline, panelled waistband and side pockets and an overlay on the front skirt.
It features a cascading frill alongside an exposed zip that fastens the dress at the front. (ANI)
- Kate Middleton dethrones Lady Gaga as top fashion buzzword - Feb 09, 2011
- Prince William And Kate Middleton's Engagement Photos Released Officially - Dec 13, 2010
- Kate Middleton's 'Shola' dress sells out - May 26, 2011
- Wills, Kate engagement pics to be released soon - Dec 06, 2010
- British Royal Prince William, Kate Middleton's Engagement Photos Continues To Seize Limelight - Dec 14, 2010
- British royals may sue if designers make 'Kate Middleton' dresses - Jan 11, 2011
- Kate Middleton's engagement photo blouse back on sale at $200 - Apr 06, 2011
- Wills-Kate choose the same photog for big day as Charles and Camilla - Feb 17, 2011
- Kate Middleton lookalike becomes crowd-puller in Canada - Apr 23, 2011
- Kate Middleton's Reiss dress being offered on eBay - May 27, 2011
- Kate Middleton's 2002 see-through dress to go under the hammer - Feb 19, 2011
- Kate's engagement dress sells like hot cakes -- in China - Apr 29, 2011
- Wills, Kate 'brimming with happiness' in engagement pics - Dec 12, 2010
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Kate Middleton's 'see-through dress drawing global interest at auction' - Mar 13, 2011
Tags: blue dress, british retailer, buzzword, daily mail, engagement portraits, fashion season, fiancee, frill, hysteria, kate middleton, lady gaga, london feb, mario testino, neckline, prince william, reiss, side pockets, soho store, waistband, white dress