Kashmir moving ahead on the path of peace and progress: PatilMay 26th, 2008 - 5:40 pm ICT by admin
Srinagar, May 26 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil today said that the people of Jammu and Kashmir have demonstrated their determination to move ahead on the true and constructive path of peace and progress.
Addressing a function to mark the opening of the Institute of Kashmir Studies here, President Patil said it is important to create a secure environment and defeat divisive designs of terrorism and violence.
“I am aware of the difficulties that the people of this State have undergone due to violence and terrorism,” she said.
“However, we are all proud of the resilient and strong people of Jammu and Kashmir, who have demonstrated, over the past few years, their determination to move ahead on the constructive path of peace and progress,” she added.
The President also said that both the State and the Central Governments have taken development of the State as a top priority objective and enunciated policies and programmes towards that end. The objective is to secure a better life for our citizens where each one can have the opportunity to grow.
“The State has tremendous potential in horticulture, floriculture, handicraft, tourism and IT among others. Equally important is our determination to create a secure environment and to defeat the divisive designs of terrorism and violence,” she added.
“It will provide a platform for scholars in the field of Kashmir studies regarding ideas on pluralistic cultures and tolerant societies. The younger generation should be involved in the studies, so as to benefit from this initiative,” Patil said. (ANI)
- President pitches for controversial anti-terror intelligence hub - Mar 12, 2012
- Sonia promises all help to make Kashmir progressive - May 29, 2010
- India-Pakistan talks begin: Focus on Kashmir CBMs, terror (Roundup) - Jun 23, 2011
- President Patil expresses concern over rising inflation - Jan 25, 2011
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- We are urged to join this Pakistan - Jan 20, 2011
- Day 2 of talks: India and Pakistan discuss Kashmir - Jun 24, 2011
- India, Pakistan discuss 26/11, Samjhauta, CBMs on Day 1 (Second Intro Roundup) - Jun 24, 2011
- Mirwaiz, Yasin Malik want Kashmir committees be set up in India, Pakistan - Sep 20, 2010
- Invited to visit J&K;, students plug 'disconnect' - Aug 04, 2012
- Patil urges Manipuris to maintain harmony for nation's progress - Mar 11, 2011
- India for global cooperation to combat terror: President - Oct 21, 2010
- Government confident of returning to 9 percent growth (Roundup) - Mar 12, 2012
- Kashmir peaceful, but vigil on: Chidambaram - Jul 06, 2011
- External Affairs Minister Krishna's speech to UN General Assembly: Full text (Lead) - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: better life, central governments, citizens, cultures, horticulture, initiative, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, peace, president pratibha patil, priority objective, srinagar, terrorism, top priority, tourism, violence, younger generation