Karachi lawyers protest outside Sindh High Court, court arrestNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:30 am ICT by admin
Sources were quoted by The News as saying that Karachi Bar Association (KBA) president Iftikhar Javed Qazi was also arrested.
Lawyers affiliated to the KBA stopped all court activity.
Police forced all media persons out of the compound of the KBA. Heavy contingents of police and rangers were also deploted around the City Court.
In Islamabad, security continued to remain tight for the third consecutive day since the declaration of emergency.
The judges who refused to take oath under the Provisional Constitutional Order (PCO), were kept confined to their houses. Lawyers boycotted the courts today. Islamabad’s Constitution Avenue and its adjoining roads were barricaded. The roads leading to the Supreme Court, Prime Minister Secretariat, President House, Parliament, Pak Secretariat and diplomatic enclaves were kept closed and even the media was stopped. Barbed wires have been laid on the roads and bylanes.
Residents of Islamabad and Rawalpindi remain concerned about the prevailing situation. Attendance in educational institutions was seen thin at the start of the new week, and there is a heavy police presence around the courts. (ANI)
- 12 injured in Pakistan varsity clash - Feb 27, 2012
- Few Pakistan high court judges denotified - Aug 08, 2011
- Verdict against judges who took oath after Musharraf declared emergency reserved - Jan 27, 2011
- Gilani's appeal in contempt case rejected by apex court - Feb 10, 2012
- Three lawyers shot dead in Karachi - Jan 26, 2012
- Two terrorists held for MQM leader's killing - Aug 19, 2010
- No CCTV evidence in Karachi blast, says official - Nov 13, 2010
- Cartoonist Aseem Trivedi released (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Pak Supreme Court directs sitting PCO judges 'not to issue any judicial orders' - Feb 18, 2011
- Sindh HC directs probe agency to act lawfully on treason petition against Musharraf - Mar 08, 2011
- Three killed in Karachi - Aug 14, 2011
- Publish summons against Musharraf in London newspapers: Pakistani court - Nov 26, 2009
- Raids continue on Kanda's homes, offices (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Contempt of court petition filed against Musharraf for 'illegally' confining judges - Sep 11, 2009
- Sindh High Court reserves verdict on Musharraf's high treason trial - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: barbed wires, city court, court activity, court arrest, enclaves, islamabad, javed, karachi, kba, lawyers, media persons, pco, police presence, police van, president, rawalpindi, salahuddin, secretariat, sindh high court, unknown place