Kalam, Dham key speakers at Wharton conferenceMarch 4th, 2008 - 3:05 pm ICT by admin
New York, March 4 (IANS) Former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam and inventor of the Pentium Chip Vinod Dham are the key speakers at this year’s high-profile Wharton conference, scheduled at Park Hyatt in Philadelphia March 22. “India - Imagine” is the theme for the 12th Annual Wharton India Economic Forum, which will seek to have a healthy debate among corporate leaders on the next phase of the country’s journey to success, amid potential roadblocks.
“India continues to be a story of dramatic growth in an increasingly gloomy economic environment. It has travelled an extraordinary path to emerge stronger, prouder than anything envisaged by the founding fathers,” an organiser said.
“Today, 1.17 billion Indians can shape India’s future, using their collective imagination.”
In the past years, the conference has featured prominent speakers like Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, McKinsey’s Rajat Gupta, industrialists Rahul Bajaj, Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani and technocrat N.R. Narayana Murthy.
The themes tracing the Indian growth story since the liberal economic reforms of the early 1990s have included “India’s Mantra for Success” and “Realising the Indian Dream”.
“India has reached a pinnacle and seeks to aggressively assess all the different issues that the country may face on its continued journey towards becoming an economic powerhouse,” the organisers said.
- Prosecutors 'tarring' Rajat Gupta: US judge - Jun 02, 2012
- Wharton India Economic forum to define 'global Indian' - Mar 20, 2008
- Key Indian-American insider trading witness avoids jail - Jul 20, 2012
- CII to set up control room to monitor projects work (Lead) - Mar 26, 2011
- Over 2,000 aspiring entrepreneurs to gather at TiE summit - Dec 19, 2010
- Rajat Gupta lived a double life: report - May 23, 2011
- Education reforms must to build talent faster: Murthy - Oct 27, 2010
- Rajat Gupta's fall 'from lofty board room to lowly jail cell' - Jun 16, 2012
- Indian IT to be worth $300 bn in decade - Jul 18, 2011
- US judge to rule on evidence about Reliance at Gupta trial - May 30, 2012
- Stuff that make Mumbai fabled (IANS Book Review)(With Image) - Aug 23, 2011
- Growth rate declining in southern states: Report - Mar 26, 2011
- Pressed to 'wear a wire' to trap Rajat Gupta: Raj Rajaratnam - Oct 25, 2011
- RIL to invest Rs.1 trillion in five years: Mukesh Ambani - Jun 07, 2012
- Time wonders if 'underachiever' Manmohan can overcome (Third Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: abdul kalam, anil ambnarayana murthy, collective imagination, corporate leaders, dramatic growth, economic powerhouse, economic reforms, finance minister, indian dream, industrialists, journey to success, mukesh ambrajat gupta, p chidambaram, park hyatt, pentium chip, philadelphia march, technocrat, wharton india economic forum