Kaka may play in the OlympicsMay 19th, 2008 - 11:12 am ICT by admin
Brasilia, May 19 (Xinhua) As AC Milan finished fifth in the just-concluded Serie A season, thus losing the chance for Champions League, the Italian soccer giant is expected to free Brazilian star Kaka for the Beijing Olympics. Local media reported Sunday that Dunga, the head coach of the Brazilian national team, paid close attention to Sunday’s Serie A game of Milan against Udinese. Although two Brazilians scored in the game (Alexandre Pato and Cafu), the Italian club was left out of the Champions League despite a 4-1 win.
As a result, Kaka is one step closer to being allowed by the Italian team to represent his home country in this year’s Olympic Games.
The Champions League is scheduled to kick off in August, just as the Olympics are to begin. However, since Milan will not be participating and has no official game throughout the month of August, Dunga is counting on Kaka’s presence on his Olympic roster.
Sunday’s game was also the last of two Brazilians with Milan. Both Cafu and Serginho were honoured in their last game in a Milan uniform. Cafu is looking into his options of continuing the sport in Brazil. Serginho has not made any statement regarding his future.
- AC Milan's Pato injured - Aug 23, 2012
- Injured Ibrahimovic ruled out of Barcelona clash - Sep 13, 2011
- Brazil to play three strikers at Olympics - Jul 17, 2012
- Ronaldinho out of Brazil squad - May 12, 2012
- Corinthians chasing AC Milan striker Pato - Apr 25, 2012
- AC Milan routs Chievo 4-0 as Inter teeters to last-minute win - Nov 28, 2011
- Chinese club prepares huge offer for Kaka? - Jun 28, 2012
- Ibrahimovic to miss Juventus clash after three-match ban - Feb 07, 2012
- Pato ready to fight for Olympic berth - Jul 13, 2012
- Pato likely to stay with AC Milan - Jan 13, 2012
- Seedorf leaves Milan after a decade for Botafogo - Jul 01, 2012
- Berlusconi daughter in love with Brazilian footballer - Aug 11, 2011
- AC Milan interested in Internacional's Leandro Damiao - Mar 04, 2012
- Juve closing in on Serie A title - Apr 30, 2012
- AC Milan maintain Serie A lead with win over Atalanta - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: ac milan, alexandre pato, beijing olympics, brasilia, brazilian national team, brazilians, cafu, champions league, head coach, italian club, italian soccer, italian team, kaka, last game, local media, month of august, olympic games, olympic roster, udinese, xinhua