Kabul fighting overApril 16th, 2012 - 10:54 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, April 16 (IANS) All Taliban attackers who launched a series of attacks in Kabul Sunday have been killed and the fighting is over, reported Xinhua Monday citing the Afghan government.
The interior ministry said that Afghan security forces backed by NATO-led troops have killed 47 Taliban militants and injured 31 over the past 24 hours.
“The Afghan National Police in harmony with the National Army and backed by the NATO-led Coalition Forces launched 11 joint operations in several provinces including Kabul over the past 24 hours during which 47 armed insurgents were killed, 31 wounded and 21 were arrested,” a statement added.
However, it did not say if security forces suffered any casualties.
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Kabul terror attack: Fight over, all attackers killed (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 09, 2012
- 13 insurgents killed, 8 held in Afghanistan - Dec 10, 2011
- Afghan police kill 17 Taliban militants - Jul 31, 2012
- 20 Afghan militants killed - May 28, 2012
- Seven Taliban killed, 18 held in Afghanistan - Feb 12, 2012
- Three Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Dec 29, 2011
- 61 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 04, 2012
- 21 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Sep 04, 2011
- Afghan police kill 15 militants, detain 11 - Aug 23, 2012
- Three Afghan Taliban killed, 32 held - Dec 11, 2011
- Eight Taliban killed, 13 held in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- 42 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jun 17, 2012
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 06, 2012
Tags: afghan government, attackers, casualties, coalition forces, harmony, insurgents, interior ministry, joint operations, kabul, militants, national army, national police, nato, security forces, taliban, xinhua