Kabul fighting over, all attackers killedMay 2nd, 2012 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, May 2 (IANS) All Taliban attackers have been killed and the fighting inside a residential compound used by foreign staff of international organizations here is over, authorities said.
“Afghan Security Forces led a capable and quick response in containing and then killing all attackers,” the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said in a statement.
The attack occurred at about 6.15 a.m. when suicide car bomb targeted the entrance gate of the compound named Green Village located in Pul-i-Charkhi area enabling other armed militants to enter the complex, a police officer told Xinhua.
At least 11 people, including five attackers, have been killed, according to Kabul police officials.
“…a small group of insurgents conducted an attack on a private compound this morning in Kabul. The attack was unsuccessful in killing any ISAF personnel but once again, resulted in Afghan civilian casualties to include a number of wounded children,” the ISAF statement said.
Taliban militants claimed the responsibility for the attack.
- 11 die in Kabul attack after Obama trip (Third Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Eight die in Kabul attack after Obama trip (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Haqqani network leader held in Afghanistan - Nov 30, 2011
- Eight killed in Kabul attack after Obama visit (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- 37 NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan this year - Aug 13, 2012
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan blast - Sep 09, 2012
- Two NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan blast - Jul 23, 2012
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 09, 2012
- 'Foreign troops' killed in Kabul airport shooting - Apr 27, 2011
- Two dead, 100 injured in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 11, 2011
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills NATO soldier - Feb 01, 2012
- 25 killed as insurgent attack foiled in Afghanistan - Oct 08, 2011
- 38 soldiers die in Afghan chopper crash (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: attackers, car bomb, civilian casualties, entrance gate, insurgents, international organizations, international security assistance, isaf, kabul, militants, nato, police officer, police officials, private compound, quick response, residential compound, security forces, small group, taliban, xinhua