Jyothirmayee murder suspect detained for eight more weeksMay 16th, 2008 - 10:43 pm ICT by admin
London, May 16 (IANS) The detention of an Indian man held on suspicion of murdering his roommate Samrajyo Jyothirmayee Vempala was extended by another eight weeks Friday at the request of his lawyer. Nagraj Kumar Nalluri, 24, was produced before the Birmingham magistrate’s court but made no request for bail.
At the request of his lawyer, the judge fixed the next date of hearing July 25.
The body of 23-year-old Jyothirmayee, who hailed from Andhra Pradesh, is expected to be taken to India next week by a family friend, Hari Gopal, official sources said.
The police, who were called to investigate a disturbance in a rented house in a Birmingham suburb May 6, found Jyothirmayee dead on arrival.
Two post-mortem examinations - one for the prosecution and the other for defence - have been conducted on the body, the first ruling she died of head injuries.
An inquest has been ordered into her death and is expected to be conducted early next week.
- Indian held for Andhra student's murder to appear in court - May 09, 2008
- Murdered student's body to reach India Saturday - May 23, 2008
- Yoga teacher kills Israeli woman in Bangalore - May 05, 2011
- Indian charged with murder in U.K. to be produced in Birmingham Court - May 09, 2008
- Bangladesh court orders exhumation of 'whipped to death' girl's body for new autopsy - Feb 08, 2011
- Rohtak medical student falls from hostel roof, dies - Jul 06, 2012
- UP to upgrade and modernise autopsy centres - Aug 26, 2012
- Man hangs himself to death in Gurgaon - Jun 16, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Post-mortem doctor deposes in court - Jul 24, 2012
- Omar speaks to Khurshid over custodial death - Oct 09, 2011
- British army cleared of torturing Iraqi to death - Aug 28, 2011
- Body of girl raped, whipped to be exhumed - Feb 07, 2011
- Briton found dead in Goa hotel room - Feb 17, 2010
- Bihar ordered to pay Rs.3 lakh to undertrial's kin - Dec 14, 2011
- Afghan doctor found dead in Delhi - Jun 22, 2011