Justice Elena Kagan Not Selected For Jury DutyJanuary 21st, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Washington, Jan 21, (THAINDIAN NEWS) U.S. Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan has been hitting headlines since she was spotted in the waiting lounge of the local Washington D.C. Superior Court along with other prospective jurors. The fact that the U.S. Justice seen waiting for jury duty gained wide attention after multiple media outlets reported the news. Later, Elena Kagan was released by the court along with the rest of the prospective jurors after she was not selected for jury duty.
According to reports, on early Thursday morning, Elena Kagan was present at the waiting lounge of the Washington D.C. Superior Court as she was busy reading documents, presumed to be a legal brief while also taking notes on the documents. Despite her wait to see whether her juror badge number would be called, the United States Supreme Court Justice was not called for the jury duty and later in the afternoon, she was reported to have been released along with the other jurors. Eyewitnesses present at the court later revealed to media outlets that after Elena Kagan was not selected for the jury, she spent a while at the waiting lounge talking to people who were able to recognize her before leaving the court.
Elena Kagan assumed responsibilities of the Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States in the month of August last year following her nomination by U.S. President Barack Obama. Meanwhile, U.S. Attorney Eric Holder is also known to have reported for selection in jury last year but he was not elected for jury duty.
- Solicitor General Elena Kagan Likely To Be Selected For U.S. Supreme Court - May 10, 2010
- U.S. Senate confirms Elena Kagan as 112th Supreme Court Justice of the U.S. - Aug 06, 2010
- US Senate approves Elena Kagan as Supreme Court Justice - Aug 06, 2010
- Obama chooses Kagan for Supreme Court - TV - May 10, 2010
- Obama nominates top lawyer Kagan to US Supreme Court - May 10, 2010
- Memos reveal that Bill Clinton's aide Elena Kagan backed partial abortion ban - May 14, 2010
- Clinton Memos Of Elena Kagan Made Public - May 14, 2010
- Elena Kagan Recuses Self from 21 Pending Supreme Court Cases - Oct 02, 2010
- Elena Kagan 'rescued' from 21 pending Supreme Court cases - Oct 02, 2010
- Roger Clemens trial to begin on Wednesday - Jul 11, 2011
- US court tells pet cat he 'must attend' jury duty or face consequences - Jan 18, 2011
- In a Memo Directed To Bill Clinton, Elena Kagan Supported Partial-birth Abortion Debarment Despite OLC's Doubts Over Its Constitutionality - May 14, 2010
- Kagan Family Kept Aloof From The Media - May 18, 2010
- Woman excuses herself from jury duty for Oprah show - Apr 28, 2011
- Is Hillary Clinton a contender for the Supreme Court? - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: associate justice, badge number, barack obama, elena kagan, eric holder, eyewitnesses, gina gomez, juror badge, jury duty, justice of the supreme court, legal brief, media outlets, month of august, prospective jurors, reading documents, states supreme court, supreme court justice, supreme court of the united states, thursday morning, united states supreme court