Just like Obama, Lincoln too had an encounter with a flyJune 19th, 2009 - 11:45 am ICT by ANI
Washington, June 19 (ANI): American President Barack Obama has once again been likened to Abraham Lincoln, with reports now claiming that the latter too had an encounter with a fly.
Daniel Weinberg, the owner of the Abraham Lincoln Book Shop in Chicago, is in possession of a picture showing Lincoln with a housefly on him.
He, however, does not know whether Lincoln also killed the fly or not.
It may be recalled that Obama swatted a fly during a television interview earlier this week, and killed it in just one attempt.
Weinberg jokily said that Lincoln might have let the fly off scot-free, and thus would not have left the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) upset.
Activists attached with the animal rights group have announced they are sending Obama a contraption that traps but does not kill bugs, apparently as a token of their protest.
“He (Lincoln) was the great pardoner,” Fox News quoted Weinberg as pointing out.
He revealed that the picture was clicked in Alexander Gardner’s Washington, D.C. photo studio, when Lincoln went there to sit for a photographic portrait in August of 1863.
Weinberg thinks that Lincoln would have remained absolutely still for such a picture at the time-if he had moved to swat the fly, it would have caused the photo to blur.
Thus, he believes that Lincoln would have kept his hands where they were so as to have a quality photograph, and would not have done what Obama did. (ANI)
- 'Eega' exceptionally innovative, technically brilliant (Telugu Movie Review) - Jul 07, 2012
- Lincoln urged Britain to help set up colony for freed slaves - Mar 06, 2011
- 'Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter' bad adaptation of good novel (Movie Review) - Jul 13, 2012
- Photos of girls posing for nude charity calendar leaked - Sep 30, 2011
- Lincoln had 'secret talks' with Britain to set up colony for freed slaves - Mar 06, 2011
- Houseflies have more than 152,000 cousins! - Apr 19, 2011
- US will not release Osama Bin Laden death photos: Obama - May 05, 2011
- 'Lincoln tried to deport slaves to British colonies' - Feb 12, 2011
- Daniel Day Lewis transforms into Abraham Lincoln - Aug 08, 2012
- Abraham Lincoln wanted to deport slaves to British colonies, reveals book - Feb 12, 2011
- John Abraham's photo not obscene, rules court - Jun 05, 2012
- US copper thieves steal sword at Abraham Lincoln's tomb - Nov 14, 2011
- Today is the Gettysburg address' 147th anniversary - Nov 19, 2010
- We won't trot out Osama photos as trophies: Obama (Lead) - May 05, 2011
- President Of United States Barack Obama To Mark Memorial Day At Lincoln Cemetery - May 31, 2010
Tags: 1863, abraham lincoln, activists, alexander gardner, american president, animal rights group, barack obama, contraption, daniel weinberg, ethical treatment of animals, fox news, housefly, pardoner, people for the ethical treatment of animals, photo studio, photographic portrait, quality photograph, swat the fly, television interview, treatment of animals