Judge bans sex offender from one-night standsJuly 14th, 2012 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 14 (IANS) A man in Britain has been banned by the court from having one-night stands following his violent history towards women.
Judge John Plumstead said Richard Ford, 41, must refuse any “offers on a plate” as unsuspecting women would not be aware of his background and he should contact his probation officer before starting a relationship, Daily Mail reported Saturday.
The restrictions were put in place when Ford appeared at St. Albans Crown Court this week to admit to failing to notify police of a change of address after being placed on the sex offenders’ register.
The situation was exasperated by Ford, from Rickmansworth town, also breaking a restraining order, the judge said.
The judge ordered that Ford was not allowed to stay at a woman’s house, have a woman stay at his house, or stay elsewhere with a woman, unless the probation officer knows her name and address beforehand.
In May, Ford had appeared before Judge Plumstead in court, where he pleaded guilty to possessing extreme pornographic images, six charges of making indecent images of a child and four counts of possessing indecent images of a child.
Ford was required to notify the police if he changed his address and it was his failure to do so that landed him in trouble and back in court.
The judge decided not to send him to prison, but said he would force restrictions on his relationships to ensure the safety of women and children.
- BBC presenter admits sex assaults on teenaged girls - Jan 14, 2012
- Woman jailed for filming kids undress for lover - May 01, 2012
- I collected child porn for thesis: Man tells court - Jun 26, 2011
- Man pours urine over woman on train in Britain - Aug 15, 2012
- British police ex-staff faces jail for child porn - Jan 28, 2012
- Briton clicks himself raping child, jailed - Aug 12, 2012
- Brit man used schoolgirl, 15, as sex toy in cult's initiation ceremony - Feb 10, 2011
- Indian-origin court clerk caught watching porn during trial - May 01, 2012
- Paedophile schoolteacher films himself abusing girls - Jun 11, 2011
- Oz woman blames sex with 9-yr-old son on medication - Oct 07, 2010
- Imam in Dubai jailed for possessing nude photos - Feb 07, 2011
- Brit man 'found with pics of sex with a gorilla' - Sep 15, 2010
- British school teacher jailed for sexually abusing girls - Jun 14, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan now at Betty Ford - Oct 01, 2010
- Your prince charming is 22 kisses away - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: change of address, crown court, daily mail, failure, ford, indecent images, judge john, july 14, name and address, plumstead, pornographic images, probation officer, relationships, restraining order, richard ford, sex offender, sex offenders, st albans, unsuspecting women, violent history