Jordan Tribes Lashes Out At Queen Rania For Her ‘Political Role’February 10th, 2011 - 6:54 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Amman, Feb 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After the anti-government protests who have rocked Egypt for the last few weeks, it seems now it is time for people another Arab nation of Jordan to speak up against the royal rule prevailing in the country. For the very first time almost two dozens tribal leaders in Jordan have released a public statement criticizing King Abdullah II’s glamorous wife, Queen Rania and have urged the king to restrain what they believe is his wife’s role in the politics of the nation.
In a joint statement that was made public earlier this week, as many as 36 tribal leaders in Jordan have reiterated that the country is at present facing a ‘crisis of authority’ while also slamming Queen Rania’s Palestinian origins. The statement released by the Bedouin chiefs further goes on to accuse the queen of “building centres to boost her power and serve her interests, against the will of Jordanians and Hashemites.” At the same time, the public statement also talked about the unconfirmed reports that had emerged earlier on that said that the office of the queen has helped as many as 78,000 Palestinians to gain nationality of Jordan in between the years 2005 to 2010.
Queen Rania has over the years attained international fame while boosting of celebrity status across the globe and is often in the news for her charitable works in the field of women’s education. However, her wide popularity in countries all over the globe has been in contrast to her image in Jordan where she is often faced criticism for her lavish lifestyle.
- Obama assures Jordan king of US support - Feb 16, 2011
- Will-Kate planning Jordan honeymoon - Apr 17, 2011
- Jordan's parliament rejects calls to reduce king's constitutional power - Mar 28, 2011
- Russia and Jordan agrees on energy deal and support to Palestine - Jan 20, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
- Jordanian parliament will not limit king's powers - Mar 28, 2011
- Jordanian King orders release of detained journalist - Jun 01, 2011
- Russia supports creation of independent Palestinian state, urges talks - Jan 19, 2011
- Krishna to boost ties with Middle East, Israel - Jan 07, 2012
- India to help Jordan set up poll panel - Mar 19, 2012
- Jordan home to over 180,000 Syrian refugees - Sep 03, 2012
- 130,000 Syrians fled to Jordan since 2011 - Jul 09, 2012
- Udaipur royal scion bags prestigious UN award - May 30, 2012
- Scores killed as unrest spreads in Arab world (Roundup) - Feb 19, 2011
- Protesters want king's power curtailed in Jordan - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: abdullah ii, amman, arab nation, bedouin, celebrity status, charitable works, chiefs, gina gomez, hashemites, international fame, jordanians, king abdullah ii, lashes, lavish lifestyle, nationality, palestinians, queen rania, s education, tribal leaders, wife queen