John Lennon’s blood-stained clothes on displayMay 13th, 2009 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
New York, May 13 (IANS) The blood-stained clothes worn by rock legend John Lennon when he was shot dead are on display here.
The clothes were given to his widow Yoko Ono by city officials after the Beatles singer was murdered in 1980.
Yoko, who has put together a display of memorabilia including Lenon’s handwritten lyrics, a piano, guitars, a pair of ‘granny-glasses’ and his famous ‘New York City’ T-shirt, said blood-stained clothes were “hard to include”, reported thesun.co.uk.
But she added: “It’s important people understand what violence is about.”
The exhibition, named ‘John Lennon: The New York Years’, will be on until the end of the year at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Annex.
- World's first Lennon museum closed in Japan - Oct 01, 2010
- Yoko Ono to close John Lennon Museum in Tokyo - Feb 05, 2010
- Lady Gaga sings with Yoko Ono - Oct 05, 2010
- John Lennon's 'Abbey Road' suit sells $46K - Jan 04, 2011
- John Lennon's never before seen art work to go on display - Feb 21, 2011
- Yoko Ono holds back tears at press unveiling of Lennon's NY exhibition - May 12, 2009
- Beatles Christmas exhibition to recreate John -Yoko 'bed-in' - Nov 28, 2010
- Yoko Ono Keeps The Legend Alive - Oct 08, 2010
- Yoko plans Lennon's 70th memorial birthday celebration in Iceland - Aug 29, 2010
- John Lennon's family feuds end for good - Sep 20, 2010
- New York exhibition to honor John Lennon - May 01, 2009
- Yoko Ono joyous over reunion between John Lennon's sons - Sep 27, 2010
- Yoko Ono to bring multimedia art to India - Dec 04, 2011
- Today is John Lennon's death anniversary - Dec 08, 2011
- Brad Pitt in talks to play John Lennon? - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: beatles, city officials, clothes, exhibition, fame annex, granny glasses, guitars, hall of fame, john lennon, legend john, lenon, memorabilia, new york city, rock and roll, rock and roll hall of fame, rock legend, t shirt, violence, widow yoko ono, yoko ono