John Galliano sacked from own fashion label following anti-Semitic rantApril 16th, 2011 - 4:04 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 16 (ANI): British fashion designer, John Galliano, has been fired from his own fashion label just weeks after an anti-Semitic outburst cost him his top job at French couture house, Christian Dior.
The British-born designer was removed from his post at his self-titled business by Dior, which owns 91 per cent of Galliano’s business, reports news.com.au.
Dior has reportedly handed control to its in-house fashion team, which has been charged with creating a new collection.
The French firm terminated Galliano’s contract as Dior’s head designer shortly after claims of his anti-Semitic rant emerged six weeks ago - but he had retained his role at his own label until now.
Galliano, 50, is to stand trial in Paris in June on charges of “public insults based on origin, religious affiliation, race or ethnicity.”
If found guilty he faces up to six months in prison. (ANI)
- John Galliano found guilty - Sep 09, 2011
- Designer John Galliano trial set for June 22 - May 13, 2011
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- John Galliano sacked from own label - Apr 15, 2011
- Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying 'I love Hitler' - Mar 01, 2011
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- John Galliano's show cancelled - Mar 05, 2011
- John Galliano to sue couple accusing him of making Asian slurs - Feb 27, 2011
- 'Anti-Jewish' John Galliano 'could face prison despite apology' - Mar 03, 2011
- Christopher Kane to join Dior ? - Feb 29, 2012
- Label dumps fashion legend John Galliano after arrest - Feb 26, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from Dior - Mar 02, 2011
- Galliano's victim defends the designer - Mar 12, 2011
- Galliano didn't use racist remarks: Lawyer - Feb 28, 2011
- I don't think he's racist. I just think he's very ill, says Galliano's 'victim' - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: british fashion, christian dior, couture, ethnicity, fashion designer, fashion label, fashion team, french firm, insults, john galliano, melbourne, news com au, outburst, paris in june, rant, religious affiliation, six months, six weeks, top job