John Edwards dismisses mistress engagement reportsJanuary 8th, 2011 - 12:08 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 08 (ANI): Ex-North Carolina senator John Edwards has denied reports that he is getting married to his longtime mistress Rielle Hunter.
Responding to the National Enquirer’s story that Edwards got engaged to the mother of his lovechild just weeks after the death of his wife, Elizabeth, a source close to the former presidential candidate said that he is denying such claims.
“John Edwards says the story is false,” the Politico quoted the source as saying.
The Jan. 17 issue of the Enquirer said that the couple might tie the knot some time this summer.
The Enquirer has in the past been both right and wrong on the Edwards-Hunter relationship.
The tabloid first broke the news in 2007 that the two were having an affair and the paper later revealed the lovechild she gave birth to in early 2008 was fathered by Edwards, and not by his former aide Andrew Young, as had been claimed.
Edwards eventually admitted to the affair but still denied fathering Frances Quinn Hunter for close to two years after the girl’s birth. Last year, Edwards finally fessed up that he was the father.
A year ago, the Enquirer also reported that the two were planning to marry
and had bought a 3.5 million dollars luxury beachfront home, but a spokeswoman quickly denied those reports. (ANI)
- John Edwards engaged to longtime mistress Rielle Hunter - Jan 07, 2011
- Marry me, John Edwards tells his mistress - Feb 11, 2010
- John Edwards to marry mistress Rielle Hunter? - Feb 15, 2010
- John Edwards To Marry Mistress Rielle Hunter? - Jan 07, 2011
- John Edwards Engaged - Rumor Hits Web - Jan 08, 2011
- Rielle Hunter dumped John Edwards - Jun 03, 2011
- John Edwards And Former Mistress Rielle Hunter To Reunite? - Dec 08, 2010
- John Edwards proposes to mistress, buys her 3.5 million dollar beach house: Report - Feb 11, 2010
- John Edwards admits that he fathered Rielle Hunter's daughter - Jan 21, 2010
- Former US senator indicted - Jun 04, 2011
- Former Senator John Edwards splits from wife - Jan 31, 2010
- Elizabeth Edwards Wants To Shed Media Image Of 'Cuckolded Wife' - Jun 30, 2010
- National Enquirer planning to come out with a reality show - Jun 11, 2011
- John Edwards' sexual romps is now bestseller book - Feb 04, 2010
- John Edwards splits from wife Elizabeth Edwards - Jan 29, 2010
Tags: 5 million, andrew young, death of his wife, having an affair, hunter relationship, john edwards, knot, lovechild, million dollars, mistress, national enquirer, north carolina senator, presidential candidate, senator john edwards, spokeswoman, tabloid, wife elizabeth