Johansson looking forward to being 10 years olderJanuary 29th, 2009 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 29 (IANS) Actress Scarlett Johansson, 24, is looking forward to being 10 years older so that she can put her real life experience into the roles to make it more realistic.Thesun.co.uk reports her saying: “I don’t feel sexy, not right now. I think there is a kind of an ingénue thing that women play when they are in their 20s. They are sort of these whimsical, sort of transient characters, and it’s like that in life.
“Women in their 30s, and actors in their 30s, suddenly take on far meatier roles. They are playing mothers and wives and women who have been through a life - before the place that they are at that moment. And I look forward to that time when I’ll be able to have more of a life that I have experienced to put into the roles.”
She also spoke about her marriage for the first time.
Johansson said: “I never had any preconceived notions of marriage or anything like that. I never really thought about it that much. My parents were divorced when I was 13, so I never had an idea of what a marriage should be, would be or could be. I was never in a hurry, I just figured someday I would get married, I guess.”
“The Horse Whisperer” star added that she learnt how marriage can change a relationship.
“I have no perspective on that - you should ask me that in 25 years,” she says, adding with a laugh: “I am really in love with love. I’m a lover, not a fighter. I’m a real lov-vah,” she said.
- Scarlett Johansson wishes she was 10 years older - Jan 29, 2009
- I don't believe in having any regrets: Johansson - Dec 14, 2011
- Underwood does own make-up - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Baby June' - June Havoc dies at the age of 97 - Mar 30, 2010
- I hate to be known as Wasim Akram's girlfriend: Humaima - Aug 26, 2011
- Toni Collette loves complex roles - Mar 20, 2010
- Bieber scent to be honoured at FiFi awards - May 18, 2012
- Scarlett Johansson hoping for meatier roles in her 30s - Dec 28, 2008
- I want to play my age: Vandana Pathak - Jun 23, 2012
- There's still child labour on movie sets: Sarika (Interview) - Feb 17, 2011
- "Honestly I Wasn't Offered Much To Be Selective"- Himanshi Chaudhary - Sep 04, 2010
- Scarlett Johansson's Broadway show leaves her exhausted - Feb 20, 2010
- Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish: Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford - Oct 06, 2011
- Pooja Batra cameo in 'Hum Tum Shabana' - Sep 27, 2011
- Johansson surprised by people's rudeness - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: 10 years, actors, actress, horse whisperer, hurry, jan 29, laugh, life experience, life women, london jan, lov, love, lover not a fighter, marriage, parents, perspective, preconceived notions, relationship, scarlett johansson