Jobless Briton stabs dog to death, faces jailJune 8th, 2012 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 8 (IANS) A 19-year-old jobless Briton is facing jail after he battered his new dog with a hammer, stabbed it in the chest and left it to die after the dog urinated on his bed. The man then went in search of a job.
Unemployed Sean Deakin left the male Staffordshire bull terrier dying on the kitchen floor of his flat while he went to register for employment. The dog took eight agonising hours to die.
Deakin owned the dog only a few days earlier, the Daily Mail reported.
A witness to the attack alerted the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA), and officials found the dog’s body in a bin outside the man’s house.
Deakin was arrested and charged with causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.
He denied the offences but was found guilty by a Manchester court, and now faces up to six months behind bars.
Deakin and his girlfriend had taken ownership of the dog just days before the attack after answering an advertisement on a classifieds website.
He struck the dog around 20 times on the head with a hammer. A few hours later, he found the dog had urinated on his bed.
The man chased the dog around the kitchen, trapped it between his legs and stabbed it in the chest with a six-inch knife.
- British mother, son jailed over dogs' deaths - Feb 24, 2012
- Man jailed for beating dog to death - Aug 17, 2012
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- Britons held for cramming 69 animals in one house - Mar 31, 2012
- Dog survives after being stabbed 21 times - Nov 16, 2011
- Meet 22-year-old Billy, the world's oldest dog! - Sep 23, 2010
- Briton cuts puppy's throat during booze binge - Apr 14, 2012
- Cat survives 190-km ride on train's underside - Jun 14, 2012
- Savaged by dogs, Briton fights for life - May 21, 2012
- 13 dogs poisoned to death in Britain - May 30, 2011
- Cat found sliced in two - Jan 13, 2011
- Man collapses after car hits his dog - Mar 11, 2012
- Rooster kills man in a brutal cockfight - Feb 09, 2011
- Dogs compete for status 'peeing over pee' - Apr 28, 2011
- Briton jailed for hitting pet dog - Aug 05, 2010
Tags: advertisement, briton, bull terrier, classifieds website, cruelty to animals, daily mail, deakin, few days, girlfriend, hammer, inch knife, kitchen floor, legs, manchester court, prevention of cruelty to animals, rspca, six months, staffordshire bull terrier, suffering, witness