Jharkhand Maoists ask truckers to stop bauxite loadingNovember 2nd, 2008 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Nov 2 (IANS) A Maoist group has asked truck owners not to load and ferry bauxite from the Lohardagga district of Jharkhand, police sources said Sunday.”Any trucker found ferrying bauxite will be punished,” said a police official quoting the poster issued as a diktat by Tritiya Prastuti Committee (TPC).
The poster asks truck owners to stop loading bauxite from Pakhar hills of Lohardagga district, around 90 km from here. The aluminium ore is loaded and taken to nearby railway station from where bauxite is dispatched to different places.
Reacting on the poster, a senior police official said: “The poster does not mention the reason. It seems that Maoist rebels are not getting levy from bauxite mining areas. We will provide full security to trucks and there will be no impact of posters on truck movement in the area.”
He said similar threats have been issued by Maoist rebels in the past.
TPC is a breakaway group of Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) and is operating in over four to five districts of the state.
Maoist rebels are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
- One Maoist killed, two held in Jharkhand - Sep 17, 2010
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Nov 13, 2010
- Three killed as rival Maoist groups clash - Aug 29, 2010
- Maoist court sentences two to death in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2011
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Jan 02, 2011
- Two Maoists arrested - Feb 09, 2012
- Four Maoists arrested in Jharkhand (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Jun 26, 2010
- Seven Maoist rebels arrested after gun battle in Jharkhand - Sep 03, 2009
- BJP leader shot dead by Maoists in Jharkhand - Aug 05, 2010
- Four Maoists held in Jharkhand - Nov 09, 2011
- Maoists blow up BJP supporter's house in Jharkhand - Dec 05, 2009
- Policeman killed in gunfight with Maoists - Sep 25, 2010
- BJP leader, labourer killed by Maoists (Lead) - Aug 05, 2010
- Maoists kill businessman in Jharkhand - Jun 28, 2010