Jewish extremist hatched plan to assassinate Winston Churchill in 1944: MI5April 4th, 2011 - 1:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 4 (ANI): A Jewish extremist who had murdered a British government minister during the Second World War had hatched a plan to assassinate former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, MI5 files have revealed.
Eliyahu Bet-Zuri had suggested sending agents of the Stern Gang, a Zionist paramilitary group devoted to forcing the British out of Palestine, to London to kill the then Prime Minister, The Scotsman reports.
Bet-Zuri had reportedly suggested that Churchill should be attacked in November 1944, but the Secret Intelligence Service came to know about the plan only in the following year when one of the members of the group was arrested and revealed the information.
“As soon as he (Bet-Zuri) returned to Stern Group headquarters, he proposed to suggest a plan for the assassination of highly placed British political personalities, including Churchill, for which purpose emissaries should be sent to London,” the report by Major James Robertson from MI5’s Middle East Section quoted the suspect as revealing.
Bet-Zuri was hanged in 1945 for murdering Lord Moyne, the UK’s Middle East minister, in Cairo in November 1944.
MI5 had however remained deeply concerned that Jewish terrorists might try to assassinate other leading British politicians. (ANI)
- Painting by Churchill up for sale - Apr 18, 2011
- Nazi plot to terrorize US during WWII faltered after drunken leader revealed he was saboteur - Apr 05, 2011
- Now, a UK intelligence unit to target corrupt sportspersons - Sep 19, 2010
- Zuri group to build villas in Goa - Sep 08, 2009
- Churchill 'ordered assassination of Mussolini to protect secret letters' - Sep 03, 2010
- Zuri to offload 20 percent stake to private equity players - Sep 21, 2010
- Winston Churchill's first painting after WW2 up for grabs - Apr 18, 2011
- Blonde, beautiful Nazi spy who helped defeat Allied forces in key WWII battle - Aug 26, 2010
- Identifying Jewishness through genetic analysis - Jun 04, 2010
- 35 Guantanamo detainees trained as terrorists in London - Apr 26, 2011
- All four members of Alemao family lose - Mar 06, 2012
- Churchill's false teeth fetch 15,200 pounds - Jul 30, 2010
- Plot to kill Putin foiled (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Italian historian claims wartime Pope was more concerned about Communism than Holocaust - Feb 02, 2010
- Nazis plotted 'to poison sausages, chocolate, coffee of Allies in event of loss' - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: british government, british politicians, british prime minister, cairo, emissaries, government minister, group headquarters, james robertson, jewish extremist, jewish terrorists, mi5, palestine, paramilitary group, political personalities, scotsman, second world war, secret intelligence service, stern gang, stern group, winston churchill