JetBlue flight attendant basks in glow of newfound fameAugust 12th, 2010 - 6:35 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 12 (ANI): The JetBlue flight attendant, who shouted obscenities over the plane’s intercom before deploying its emergency landing chute and jumping down, has revealed that he is very overwhelmed by the support he got from people.
Steven Slater, 38, who lives in Belle Harbor, Queens, revealed that he had always fantasized about escaping a plane by jumping down its emergency slide.
“It was great. I always wanted to do it,” the New York Daily News quoted him as saying outside of his home.
After spending the night in an Upper East Side apartment after being bailed out of jail, he said he was shocked by his folk-hero status.
“I knew there was a brouhaha about this, but while I was on the inside I didn’t realize how much attention it got,” he said.
“I think something about this resonated with people. The outpouring of support is very appreciated. I’m overwhelmed, very thankful,” he added. (ANI)
- Crazed staffer flees from emergency chute after F-word tirade against passenger - Aug 10, 2010
- JetBlue flight attendent curses out passengers, exits plane using inflatable emergency chute at JFK airport - Aug 10, 2010
- Former JetBlue flight attendant avoids jail - Oct 20, 2010
- Home of former JetBlue flight attendant burglarized while he was on court - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Bag Nazi' airline attendant's mother defends him - Aug 11, 2010
- Ex-JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater stars in rap video - Nov 19, 2010
- JetBlue flight attendant who lost his cool gets bail - Aug 11, 2010
- 'Bag Nazi' airline attendant 'gets reality TV show offer' - Aug 17, 2010
- Steven Slater Inspires Many To Look For Unusual Ways To Quit Jobs - Aug 17, 2010
- 'Bag Nazi' airline attendant becomes toast of online community - Aug 11, 2010
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Steven Slater Pleads Guilty - Oct 19, 2010
- Flight Attendant Involved In A Squabble With A Traveler Is Listed To Emerge In A Courthouse In New York City - Sep 07, 2010
- Man rescued from trash chute - May 17, 2012
- Ex-JetBlue flight attendant joins Mile High Text Club - Nov 16, 2010
- JetBlue Flight Attendant Attains Near Celeb Status! - Aug 11, 2010
Tags: belle harbor, brouhaha, chute, east side apartment, emergency landing, flight attendant, folk hero status, intercom, new york daily news, newfound fame, obscenities, outpouring, upper east side, york daily news