Jet postpones flight launch to San FranciscoMay 5th, 2008 - 9:48 pm ICT by admin
New York, May 5 (IANS) Jet Airways, India’s leading airline, has postponed the launch of its daily service from San Francisco to Mumbai to June 14 from the original May 5. The reason cited in a press release by the airline is the extra time it is taking to finalise the regulatory approval process after being granted government approvals.
With this launch, Jet Airways will become the first Indian airline to fly from San Francisco to Mumbai, via Shanghai, and only the second airline worldwide to fly nonstop from San Francisco to Shanghai.
The flight from San Francisco International Airport will be the airline’s fourth daily North American departure to India, following launch of services from New York’s JFK and New Jersey’s Newark airport, and Toronto Pearson International Airport, within the past year.
Jet has also enhanced its services to the Gulf, with the introduction of daily direct flights on Mumbai-Muscat and Kochi-Doha sectors from April 18 and April 21, respectively.
- Jet Airways to suspend Brussels-New York flight - Jun 15, 2012
- Africa next target for Jet Airways with service to Johannesburg - Feb 16, 2010
- Jet Airways to launch New Delhi-Hong Kong daily flight - Aug 24, 2009
- Etihad Airways to fly non-stop daily to Washington - Feb 24, 2012
- Jet Airways begins operation on Kochi-Sharjah route - Sep 01, 2009
- Jet to fly daily on Delhi-Doha sector from Jan 21 - Dec 17, 2009
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Air India begins non-stop flights from Canada - Nov 02, 2010
- Jet to launch Kochi-Sharjah daily flight from Sep 1 - Jul 21, 2009
- Jet Airways to increase Gulf flights from October - Aug 21, 2012
- IndiGo begins international operations - Sep 01, 2011
- JetBlue Airlines Offer $10 Flight Tickets To 59 Destinations - May 11, 2010
- Jet-Kingfisher aircraft collide, no casualties - Oct 23, 2010
- Jet Airways launches Bangalore-Brussels flight (Lead, changing dateline) - Nov 01, 2008
- Jet extends Bangalore-Brussels service to US, Canada - Oct 31, 2008
Tags: direct flights, extra time, fly, government approvals, indian airline, jet airways india, jfk, june 14, launch, newark airport, pearson international airport, regulatory approval, san francisco international, san francisco international airport, sectors, shanghai, toronto pearson international, toronto pearson international airport