Jet Airways ties up with Brussels AirlinesApril 17th, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) Leading private carrier Jet Airways has entered into a ‘code share agreement’ with Belgium’s Brussels Airlines to offer its passengers “seamless connectivity” with European cities, the company said Friday.
Currently, Brussels Airlines is 70 percent owned by Belgium-based companies and 30 percent by Virgin Express, British entrepreneur Richard Branson’s low-fare carrier.
It flies to over 50 destinations in 20 European countries, besides operating long-haul flights to eastern, central and western Africa.
The agreement would enable both airlines to leverage each other’s network strengths and also significantly boost air travel on the Indo-European sector, Jet chief executive Wolfgang Prock-Schauer said in a statement.
The Indian carrier, which earlier scrapped its Mumbai-Shanghai-San Fransisco service along with a few other international services as part of its restructuring plans, hoped its agreement with Brussels Airlines would strengthen its existing international network.
“This will also offer seamless connectivity between India and Europe by offering our passengers convenient connections between Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai in India and 12 European code-share destinations,” the statement said.
The code share destinations are Birmingham, Barcelona, Lyons, Madrid, Berlin, Paris, Manchester, Hamburg, Marseilles, Toulouse, Geneva and Vienna.
Jet flies daily to Brussels from Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai. The airline also offers daily direct services to London from Mumbai and Delhi.
- Jet Airways in codeshare agreement with JetLite - Oct 21, 2008
- British Midland International airline starts London-Amritsar service - Oct 14, 2011
- Delta Airlines buys stake in Aeromexico - Jun 06, 2012
- Finnair starts maiden cargo service to India - Sep 16, 2011
- Jet Airways to launch New Delhi-Hong Kong daily flight - Aug 24, 2009
- Jet Airways to connect Gulf with Dhaka via Mumbai - Aug 26, 2009
- India seeks more code-sharing to boost travel to Canada - Jul 01, 2011
- Jet Airways to increase low-cost operations - Aug 20, 2009
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Kingfisher, British Airways enter code-sharing aggrement - Sep 06, 2010
- Finnair not averse to Kingfisher's direct flights to Helsinki - Sep 14, 2011
- Jet Airways to suspend Brussels-New York flight - Jun 15, 2012
- Jet Airways to discontinue flights to China - Oct 10, 2008
- SpiceJet to start daily flights to Dubai - Jun 08, 2012
- Jet Airways to launch Mumbai-Riyadh flight Aug 6 - Jul 29, 2009
Tags: berlin paris, british entrepreneur, brussels airlines, carrier jet, code share agreement, entrepreneur richard branson, european cities, indo european, jet airways, long haul flights, low fare, marseilles, mumbai delhi, private carrier, prock, san fransisco, schauer, seamless connectivity, virgin express, western africa